- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Cantine Leonardo Chianti 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- A bright, youthful ruby red in colour
- Attractive red fruit aromas lead to a palate full of juicy, ripe berry fruit and hints of smoke and spice
- A lifted, fresh wine that finishes on a perfumed, blackberry note
- Low altitude of the vineyards enhances the robust character of the wine, while the proximity of the sea ensures good perfume and balance
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Cantine Leonardo Chianti Wine is a bright, youthful ruby red in colour. Attractive red fruit aromas lead to a palate full of juicy, ripe berry fruit and hints of smoke and spice. A lifted, fresh wine that finishes on a perfumed, blackberry note.
Cantine Leonardo has approximately 150 members, whose vineyards are located on the hilly areas around Vinci, Cerreto Guidi and the surrounding communes close to Empoli, half way between Florence and Pisa in the Arno valley. The low altitude of the vineyards enhances the robust character of the wine, while the proximity of the sea ensures good perfume and balance.
After a winter characterised by scarce rainfall, spring was colder than usual. Flowering occurred a bit earlier and fruit set was uneven because of the low spring temperatures. Factors like high temperatures in May, the lack of rainfall and the influence of heat all contributed to cause water stress in the vineyards. The lack of water, resulted in smaller grapes, that recovered at the end of August / mid-September thanks to rainfall in this period. The harvest began in mid -August for the early grapes like Chardonnay, at the end of August for Merlot, and mid- September for the vineyards on the plain. In Tuscany, the harvest was down by 15-20% on 2011.Quality however remained very good to excellent.
Maceration on the skins took place during fermentation and lasted approximately eight days, together with frequent pumping over. Temperature control (28-29 degree C) during fermentation encouraged good colour and tannins while maintaining the rich fruit aromas characteristics of the grapes. Unoaked to maintain freshness and vivacity, the wine remained in temperature controlled tanks until March following the vintage. Vintage: 2012; Grape varieties: 85% Sangiovese 10% Me riot 5% Other red varieties; Region: Chianti, Italy; Winemaker: Riccardo Pucci; Closure: DIAM Cork; Classification: DOCG; Alcohol(ABV): 13%; Acidity: 59/1; Residual Sugar: 1.35g/l; Wine pH: 3.5; Bottle Sizes: 37.5cl, 75cl.