Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Apr 2010 10:53:11 BDT
gaianmonkey says:
But it looks like i'm going to have to... until 10 Sept!! Anybody know of a drug that could put me to sleep for the intervening 5 months? no nasty side effects please.

Posted on 17 Apr 2010 15:57:41 BDT
M. Riches says:
ha, same here, I think this series of books is shaping up to be his best!

Posted on 22 Jun 2010 21:41:08 BDT
Zumbruk says:
Frankly, who cares? Hamilton can't write an ending to save his life; I imagine the Void series will have the standard Hamilton "deus ex machina" nonsense. Unfortunately, my wife bought me the first two, so I suppose I will have to read it - then sigh heavily and chuck it across the room, much like the last couple.

I wish they'd stop calling this producer of cookie cutter potboilers "Britains Top SF Writer"; he's no such thing.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2010 14:58:42 BDT
Mark Chitty says:
Trust me when I say that this ending is fitting, done extremely well and most definitely NOT deus ex machina. I've read it and can't stress enough how well it fits into everything that Peter has built up in the first two Void novels, plus how it also ties into the Commonwealth Saga. I seriously suggest not judging this book by his previous endings and can only say: read it!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2010 22:21:00 BDT
M. Riches says:
Endings aren't the be all and end all, sometimes the journey is the most enjoyable part of a novel... the Void trilogy has been brilliant so far and I have enjoyed reading it more than any of his other books. If the ending isn't great it will be disappointing but won't erase the enjoyment gained from 99% of the series. I am however confident the ending to this, as has been reported elsewhere will be good... making the "Britains Top SF writer" tag pretty accurate.

Posted on 21 Aug 2010 23:13:44 BDT
agreeing with m riches there. admittedly the nights dawn trilogy was almost taking the p*** in terms of a deus ex machina, but the commenwealth saga and the void trilogy deserve the respect they have recieved, re-reading them at the moment in preperation for the evolutionary void and i am enjoying them as much as i did the first time i read them, if not more! peter hamilton combines all of the necessary aspects of space opera in a way few other sci fi authors do and im loving how he's mixed fantasy into the mix with his latest trilogy. hope everyone else is awaiting the new release with as much anticipation as me!

Posted on 1 Sep 2010 21:16:04 BDT
DJ Appleby says:
I have a fresh copy in my grubby mitts just in time for a 5-day trip to the US. Will the book last beyond the flight? This is the burning question!

Posted on 25 Nov 2010 14:41:02 GMT
Mrs. R. Holt says:
Well.. I've waited & waited and while waiting, read the Nights Dawn Trilogy (which I really enjoyed) and nearly bought the hardback. Then I had a brainwave. Buy a Kindle. Not only can I get the books more quickly but I don't end up with that bloody great mountain of books by the bed (if you are a fan of PFH you will know what I mean - his paperbacks are huge). So now, in 60 seconds, I have got the Evolutionary Void to read on my Kindle. I've read all of the reviews and delved into the forums and I can't wait to sample it myself. I'm one of the people who believe that you have to read the whole lot - including the Comonwealth Saga. Unfortunately, I have 37 pages of 'The Naked God' (which I really don't want to finish, as it means the end of the Nights Dawn Trilogy) left to read before I can start the E.Void. I've read enough to have come to the "Deus Ex Machina" (or Sleeping God) mentioned in previous posts but, not enough to know how its all going to work. Its going to take a few nights to complete Nights Dawn & start the E. Void. I will however, try to remember, when I've read the E.Void, to come back here and tell you what I think of a) the book, b) reading it on the Kindle and c) what I think of purchasing books by this method.

By the way. Wasn't the paperback version supposed to be out in September? Its now November. I really couldn't wait and didn't want to buy a hardback to add to my PF Hamilton book mountain!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb14a8bac)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  15 Apr 2010
Latest post:  25 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Evolutionary Void (Boxed Edition)
The Evolutionary Void (Boxed Edition) by Peter F. Hamilton (Hardcover - 10 Sep 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (74)