Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Feb 2008 03:09:31 GMT
T. Ball says:
I basically bought this because I thought you got to use a bow and arrow which looked pretty cool! I am not much of a role player but I like the games that combine that with action. I have spent about 2 hours now, over 3 occasions, roaming around this damn village trying to get some bait to catch a fish to give a cat so some woman will talk to me! Is the whole game this frustrating or am I just stupid? Can someone please tell me how I get past this level?!
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2008 11:06:03 GMT
You don't need bait to catch the fish, just take your fishing rod to the platform where the cat sits. Cast your fishing line, as the float gets to the green line raise your rod and you should hook a fish then sharply pull the rod up and watch the fish come home, takes a bit of getting used to but once you've got the hang of it you'll have fun just messing around catching fish.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2008 17:04:08 GMT
C. Kitson says:
takes catching two fishes. don't eat them just throw on waterside and cat will eat the second one itself.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2008 13:45:41 GMT
cemeg says:
you don't need bait - the hook is enough!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2008 17:05:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jun 2008 17:07:16 BDT
widdersbel says:
Strangely, you need to catch the fish first before you can get the bait - the woman in the shop is too distraught to sell you any bait until she gets her cat back... catch 22! Fortunately, as others have said, you don't actually need the bait to catch a fish. If you've found the fishing rod, that's a good start.

If I remember correctly, there are three main tasks to complete in the village before you can move on to the next part of the game - one of them is catching the fish, which you need to do so the cat returns to the shop, at which point you'll be able to buy stuff, including bait and the slingshot (you need to buy the slingshot), using all the hidden rupees you've picked up as you explored the village - it's a good idea to collect as many rupees as possible (about 100 is a good target). To find out what the other tasks are, speak to EVERYONE you meet in the village. They won't always tell you directly what the tasks are but they will drop massive (if subtle) hints... Every time you complete a task, you'll hear a satisfying little three note sequence.

The best advice throughout the game is always to talk to EVERYONE you meet (be they people or spirits or animals...) and remember that sometimes you have to think very carefully about what they're telling you and how you can use the knowledge to complete the tasks...

Posted on 11 Nov 2009 10:12:12 GMT
L. Hamer says:
its called fly fishing and the 'fly' is the bait. you would be attaching bait onto bait. google fly fishing if you really want to know.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  13 Feb 2008
Latest post:  11 Nov 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (204)