- Visit our Canon shop to see the full range of Canon products.
The i-SENSYS LBP5050 is a swift performer capable of printing up to 12ppm mono/8ppm colour which means there’s very little business downtime. Canon’s i-SENSYS LBP5050 delivers high quality, reliable performance and effortlessly combines speed, efficiency and unbeatable value with its range of features including:
The sleek i-SENSYS LBP5050 includes a retractable paper tray that boasts compact dimensions of just 39.9cm x 45.3cm x 32.6cm (WxDxH) and weighs in at 16kg. With no background ‘buzz’ that some other printers produce coupled with a smart and simple one button interface, you have the perfect desktop laser printer.
Conventional laser printers need to warm up before being able to print and will often go through 4 stages of operation:
1. Wake up from sleep/stand-by mode
2. Warm up ready to print
3. Print the document
4. Return to sleep/standby mode
75% of all print jobs are 3 pages or less and, on average, a printer is required to warm up eight times a day. This means that with conventional printers you have to wait for them to warm up every single time you want to print - soon you’re spending more time waiting than working.
To resolve this, Canon has developed its unique Quick First-Print technology which saves time, energy and money by implementing 3 pioneering technologies into its printers:
1. High Performance Controller: Canon’s high performance controller optimises processing time in both the PC and the printer ensuring higher compression rates and faster data transfer. Using less memory than conventional printers the file is rendered and ready for printing quickly and efficiently. With increasing usage of colour imagery and large files in business today, fast efficient processing is essential to overall output speed.
2. On-Demand Fixing: Before a conventional laser printer can print it must first heat up the fixing roller inside to a high temperature so as to melt the toner onto the paper which causes significant delay. With Canon’s On-Demand Fixing technology, a ceramic heater generates heat instantly, transmitting it through a thin fixing film so you can print immediately with no warm up time. This also means less cooling is required reducing fan noise and contributing to a quieter working environment.
3. On-Demand Toner (EF & S Toner): The specially designed Canon toners have a lower melting point and fixing temperature than other colour and black and white toners. Working in conjunction with the On-Demand Fixing, this results in 75% less power consumption than conventional laser printers making them more energy efficient.
Canon’s All-In-One cartridge system includes toner as well as a photosensitive drum, charging unit, cleaner and developer all contained within a single unit which takes just seconds to replace with no mess or hassle. When replacing the cartridge you are also replacing all of these vital components ensuring your hands stay clean and your machine stays virtually as good as new significantly reducing any maintenance requirements.
All genuine Canon toner cartridges are eligible for Canon’s toner cartridge recycling programme. This programme provides a free, easy and environmentally conscious way to recycle empty Canon toner cartridges. Just download your personal pre-paid return labels from Canon’s ‘e-Return’ site, print them and tape them to the cartridge boxes before posting. They each contain country-specific barcodes ensuring shipping-free postage of used toner cartridges to the nearest recycling plant.
What are the benefits to you?
The i-SENSYS LBP5050 is capable of printing up to 12 mono A4 pages per minute* and takes less than 22 seconds to print out its first page which is achieved using Quick First-Print technology. Not only is it fast but it delivers the sharpest, crispest text and the most detailed graphics thanks to its print resolution of up to 9600 x 600dpi with Automatic Image Refinement.
This energy efficient printer uses just 1.3W in sleep mode and a convenient front power switch makes it easy to turn off, cutting your energy costs even further. Thanks to Canon’s unique engine design the i-SENSYS LBP5050 is silent in standby and exceptionally quiet during operation allowing you to focus on your work without intrusion.
With regards to its printing capabilities it boasts the following:
* The print speed may drop depending on the printer driver settings, paper size, paper type and number of pages printed
** Based on ISO/IEC 19752