Read this eBook on any device including your Kindle, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry with free Kindle Reading Apps available on Amazon.
This newly revised, illustrated guide covers the settings, functions and controls of this versatile dSLR, plus explains when and why to use them. It describes every Menu item, video option, and Custom Function Setting, with recommended settings.
Canon T3i Experience is for intermediate and first time dSLR users who wish to get more out of their camera and to go beyond Auto and Program modes and shoot in Av and Tv modes. It covers basic camera functions and exposure concepts and explains more advanced camera controls and operation including using the various metering modes for obtaining correct exposures, controlling autofocus modes and focus points for sharp focus of still or moving subjects, and utilizing dramatic depth of field for professional looking photographs. This book focuses on still-photography with an introduction to video settings. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your T3i - All the Menu and Custom Function settings with descriptions and recommended settings.
- Aperture and Shutter Priority Modes - How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field or to freeze or express motion.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes - How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects.
- Exposure Metering Modes - How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance - Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
- Composition - Brief tips and techniques.
- The Image Taking Process - Descriptive tutorial for using the T3i to take photos.
- Lenses - Explanation of Canon Lenses and choosing your next lens.
- Photo Accessories - Useful accessories and recommended photography books.
- Introduction to Video - Settings to get you started.