The PowerShot S110 combines a bright f/2.0 lens and a high-sensitivity Canon CMOS sensor for superior results in a truly pocketable form. Wi-Fi allows instant sharing and GPS tagging via mobile devices.
Giving enthusiast photographers absolute control over their shooting, and producing results with leading image quality, the PowerShot S110 is a small but powerful, Wi-Fi enabled camera that lets users instantly share their photographs online or with other wireless devices. A capacitive touchscreen makes it extremely easy to focus on the subject in both stills and Full HD movies, while GPS via mobile enables users to add a location to their shots using their smartphone’s GPS capabilities.
The PowerShot S110 benefits from an enhanced HS System, incorporating a 12.1 Megapixel high-sensitivity Canon CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 5 processor, to deliver class-leading image quality in all light conditions and at up to ISO 12,800. The HS System allows users to capture the true ambience of low-light scenes at times like dusk, while maintaining the realism of colours, rich detail and minimum blur.
Providing great flexibility to capture a range of subjects, the PowerShot S110’s ultra-wide, 5x optical zoom Canon lens delivers sharp results even in low light thanks to its wide, f/2.0 maximum aperture. The 24mm ultra-wide-angle is perfect for capturing sweeping landscapes or groups of friends while the 5x zoom allows users to approach their subject with ease and provides sufficient lens compression for beautiful portrait photography. When required, the 10x ZoomPlus can extend the zoom range beyond the maximum focal length of the lens, producing sharper image quality with more visible detail than conventional digital zoom
Intelligent IS automatically identifies the scene and can adapt the optical Image Stabilizer to seven different situations for optimal compensation, so footage remains smooth and stills are crisp, even when shooting at full zoom or with slower shutter speeds.
1. Normal IS: Camera shake correction for minimum blur in photos. It is powerful enough to give sharp results and good exposure in situations where a non-stabilised camera would have to use a much faster shutter speed to avoid shake.
2. Panning IS: Provides smooth framing on a moving subject – stabilising in one direction only when panning horizontally or vertically.
3. Macro IS: Optimises Hybrid IS when shooting from very short distance. Originally developed for professional Canon EF lenses, Hybrid IS provides ideal correction for sharp handheld close-ups.
4. Tripod Mode: Ensures optimum results in stills and movies when the camera is fixed on a steady surface, automatically turning image stabilisation off.
5. Powered IS: Provides steadier movie footage with greater clarity and less wobble when shooting with high zoom.
6. Dynamic IS: Corrects both hand shake and user-movement vibrations for smooth clear movies – such as when shooting from a car or walking along with the action.
7. Dynamic & Macro IS: Detects when filming from short distance and combines the corrections of Dynamic and Hybrid IS for sharper and smoother footage.
Wi-Fi* lets you connect easily with home wireless networks and PCs, as well as portable devices like smartphones and tablets – and use them for fast, convenient, online image sharing. Plus you won’t need a cable to print images on a compatible Canon Wi-Fi printer. Use your smartphone’s GPS to keep track of shooting locations then synchronise it with your camera over Wi-Fi to add this information to your images.
A lens Control Ring allows quick control of functions such as zoom, aperture, shutter speed, focus or ISO. Shoot in Full Manual mode in RAW format with multi aspect shooting support, for maximum control over composition and post-shot editing using the supplied Digital Photo Professional software.
An advanced 460K dot capacitive touchscreen offers simple, intuitive gesture-based operation. Review and zoom in on images, select camera modes and use controls like Touch Shutter and Touch AF for quickly setting the area of focus, and pinching to zoom images when in playback mode.
Full HD movies (1080p) can be recorded on the PowerShot S110 at 24 frames per second, with stereo sound, via a dedicated movie record button. When shooting footage, users can capture images with more definition and clarity thanks to Fine Detail Movie Processing, which uses the entire sensor when recording movies, allowing the camera to analyse and record the details in the scene with higher accuracy. An HDMI connection also allows both Full HD movies and stills to be enjoyed on HDTVs.
Capture split second action at 10fps in a 10-frame full resolution burst using High-speed Burst HQ mode.
For complete peace of mind, Smart Auto can automatically detect and adjust settings for up to 58 different scenes (21 in movies) and includes Face ID for prioritising focus on favourite faces in each shot. Multi-area White Balance compensates for the presence of multiple light sources for natural images.
Protect your camera underwater in depths down to 40m with Canon WP-DC47
*Wi-Fi support varies by device and region. For more information visit www.canon-europe.com/wirelesscompacts
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions