Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 March 2010
An excellent book that gives informative instruction on how to use the manual modes and functions of the camera. It uses examples that are easy to understand and shows how you can apply them to your photography. It shows how you can apply different techniques and camera settings for different circumstances.

I recommend this book if you are trying to move away from just using the automatic settings and want to make the most of the manual functions.
on 25 August 2010
As suggested by the title, this book is aimed at people who have used digital cameras before, but have typically only used their Auto settings for exposure control and focussing. The book explains, in a clear and engaging way, that the Canon G10 and G11 cameras provide a whole array of useful controls which will allow the user to produce technically and artistically better photographs. The book's layout and scope is clear and logical, in sharp contrast to the rather random layout of the Canon User Guide. For me, the book filled in the necessary explanations as to WHY a particular mode or setting should be used, as opposed to the more prosaic HOW given in the User Guide. The book is written in an easy and engaging style, with lots of good example photos included to illustrate the explanations and advice. For anyone from a "point-and-shoot" background who is developing an interest in digital photography, this is an excellent guide to the use and the creative possibilities of the Canon G10 and G11 cameras.
on 29 October 2010
I had fallen by the way-side in terms of using an SLR camera. All photo-taking dutied had been delegated to my oldest son. With his departure on his own travels, I had to take up the reins again but needed something to remind me of the basics and get me to use (nearly) all the features on my new camera. This did the trick nicely. It is well set-out, very informative and easy to read. Just what I needed. Our holidays photos reflect well on all I learnt from browsing through this book.
on 12 June 2013
At last a book that explains how to use a camera, rather than just explaining its features like an instruction manual.
This is designed to give the user assignments, with each explaining how to properly set-up and achieve the best shots in each situation.
It's very easy to understand and I'm looking forward to working my way through it. I've had my camera for over a month now, but already I'm learning things I didn't know previously and my pictures are improving too.
Very useful, and also available for a number of other cameras too.
on 30 November 2010
This book is excellent. Instructions are so easy to understand. I have a G12 ,and at the time there was no book for the G12 so I purchased the Canon Powershot G10/11 book I was not disapointed.
on 26 June 2010
I do like this book and I did get some good information out of it. However, I think the book is best for someone who is using the G10/G11 to learn about DSLRs and not for someone who uses a DLSR as a primary camera and is using the G10/G11 as a travel camera with a good set of features, RAW, creative modes etc.
on 29 April 2011
This is an excellent book, I have a Canon G9 and 99% of the content applies. I have experience of using the 'old film' SLR cameras and this gives great detail on the G9 controls, much better than the Canon instruction pdf. It illustrates the functions of the camera and also refreshes my knowledge of 'how' to take good photographs, bringing it into the current idiom leading to but not describing post processing. I found it an excellent read and did not put it down until it was finished. Better if read with your camera at your side, to practice on.
on 9 October 2011
Looks good and pages don't seem likely to fall apart (cp earlier versions). Shows that the camera is more versatile than you might guess.
But for ordinary users it's a difficult book to actually use, will need semi-professional help to make progress... (MusicalPointers)
on 9 April 2011
Very helpful book. Excellent, simple explanation. You will really learn with this book. I had othet on G10 but wasn`t really special. Was more like simplified manual. In that one you will find explanation for stuff which you will really use.
You have to get one!
on 26 October 2015
For any one with a PowerShot G10/G11 this book really gives an insight into the many possibilies that the PowerShot has for making your shots much better. Really a must for PowerShot owners!