Size: Printer With Start Up Inks|Change
Price:£248.88+ Free shipping

on 1 March 2015
I'm loving this printer, the results using Canon paper and inks is, in my opinion, outstanding.
I thought I was getting good results from my previous Canon printer (MP550) but this leaves
it standing. Added to the flexibility of the larger a3 capacity you won't find a better printer at
this price.
I can now print addresses on my A4 envelopes too!
My only comment is there is no scanner so, if that's important to you, then choose another.
If not, this has to be the best out there.
on 18 November 2014
next day standard delivery from Kikatek - excellent, less than 24 hours.

Printer assembly fairly straightforward if you follow the included guide which is pictures only by the way. Connecting to my WiFi was a little more involved, as my WiFi SSID is hidden and WPS2/AES encrypted so the printer couldn't see it. The answer is to connect the printer using a USB cable (not provided - I nicked one from another printer) and follow the install procedure when you install the software from the included DVD. That allows you to set all the settings, which get loaded into the printer over the USB. It then connects to your WiFi with no further issues. You can now disconnect the USB cable, and you are all set!

There is a caddy provided for printing DVD/CD labels. The install instructions are poor. The trick is to pull down a flap on the front, under the CANON label, until it locks in place. The caddy goes in the right hand side until arrows on the caddy and printer align. You can then print from the provided utility onto a disc. See my photo for more detail.

My first attempt at printing an image from a Canon camera produced excellent results, with great contrast and deep rich colours, of a much more intense colour than seen on screen. Excellent is attempt for me then.

I would give the printer 5* except for the WiFi experience I had, and not including a USB cable. Not printed enough material to comment on ink use.
review image
on 13 June 2014
I bought this printer for my sister-in-law because she needed to be able to print onto A3 card. She absolutely loves it!!

The printer is very neat and compact considering it's A3 - slightly longer than her previous HP multi-function printer. It was straightforward to set up; took about 10 minutes to install the software and the wireless connectivity worked straight away with no issues whatsoever.

Printing is dead easy. The paper tray at the back has adjustable tabs, which make it really easy to switch between printing on A4 to A3. The printer software updates Microsoft word etc. so that you can easily select to print on A3 or A4 - you don't have to search for some complicated option somewhere.

The printing quality is outstanding! General colour printing is of a very high quality (& quick), but we are particularly impressed with the quality of photos. When using photographic paper the prints look amazing - as good as professionally printed photos!

Overall, this is a fantastic printer for anyone who needs to print onto A3 at high quality. I would definitely recommend it - you won't be disappointed!
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2014
Just need to learn to consistently capture photos to do this fantastic printer justice! Printed an A3+ on canon platinum paper every visitor says wow!!
on 10 June 2014
Prints photographs to an excellent quality, the only drawback being that there is only the one tray for feeding paper through which can require a lot of manual changes of paper.
A second tray would have been ideal so as to carry different sizes/types of paper and to be able to change selection from within the software.
on 8 March 2015
Fantastic quality of prints, done some 6×4 and so far around 10, A3 on Ilford luster of various landscape and wildlife. I ain't a pro, but I've sold 4 of them to friends and workmates. It isn't the quickest but good things come to those who wait. I love it.
on 16 July 2014
Does what it says on the package; great buy at a good price.
Top tip - read the set-up instructions carefully if you intend to use via wi-fi and don't skimp on paper quality if you are looking for pro results.
on 10 May 2014
Very good printer with excellent picture quality, highly recommended.

Easy set up on this machine and really worth buying the Canon Photographic Paper.
on 19 October 2015
After several Epson A3 printers, and then an HP, and sick of problems with printhead clogging etc, I decided to try this somewhat cheaper Canon A3 printer. Up to now I have been pleasantly surprised by how good it is for photo printing, considering it prints with only 5 inks, and cost less than £200. It was easy to set up (didn't even contemplate Wifi printing - life is too short), and soon produced good prints using photoshop and printer profiles. Once you press the 'Print' button, it sometimes takes a very long time chugging away, doubtless using up much ink, before it actually prints, but up to now it has had no misfeed problems, has left no marks on the print, and has worked on Canon papers and some other papers too. It works well with Permajet papers if you get one of their free profiles made. The prints look as good as my much more expensive HP 9180 did.
As usual, the cartridges are too small, and the starter ones provided only about two thirds full. Why do manufacturers not just charge more for the printers, and a realistic amount for the inks?
on 4 March 2015
Amazing print quality especially with glossy and pricey matte Canon papers...not so good on other matte papers and my biggest gripe - NO USB cable included... couldn't get wireless set up to work so had to wait and borrow and now buy a USB cable. For this money they could throw in a cable so you can use the thing!