on 4 January 2012
Maybe I'm just thick since this book is written for "dummies" however there are some aspects that this book appears to gloss over with the assumption that you know certain terms and aspects surrounding photography. As an absolute beginner to photography I bought this book hoping it would walk me through entry level photography, however many pages left me baffled and having to look up certain elements online. However there are many aspects that are made very clear of which i am very grateful, however I would not commit myself to saying that there isn't a better entry level photography book....maybe I am just more than a dummy.....
on 14 March 2013
Got this for a colleague who was new to his DSLR, and he has learnt loads in a very short time from using it. Definitely worth the money
on 15 March 2012
What can I say the Dummies books are famous and it has lots of colour pictures. You can never have enough books on camera specific techniques to get the most out of your equipement.
on 7 March 2014
I found this book exactly what I needed and it addressed all the questions I had regarding the Canon 1100D I purchased.
on 31 December 2012
I moved up from a from an older model Canon DSLR and thought that I really needed a little help in finding out what my new camera could do.
This book has been very useful to me and I oiften refer back to it. I know it may not go into great detail, but I think it is really aimed at the keen amateur photographer.
I needed a manual to give me a grass roots understanding of the potential of my camera and this book gave it to me.
I would recommend this manual.
on 17 March 2014
Written with the novice in mind the book is well written and easy to understand. Plenty of colour images .
on 6 March 2014
really explained everything i wanted to know about my new camera , being a newbie to the whole dslr camera
on 19 June 2013
Simple language is used, so that everyone can benefit from the good, solid advice in this instruction manual. There's a sizeable section on using software to edit your photos. The instructions are easy to follow and clear.
on 5 July 2014
great book,good price,and good service.
on 30 December 2012
Instruction books should be like this. Simple and extremely informative. Why are ten more words required? I can be brief and lucid.