This book has one goal: to teach you how to make great shots using your Canon EOS 60D. Starting with the top ten things you need to know about the camera―charging your battery, setting your ISO, reviewing your photos, and more―photography pro Nicole Young then carefully guides you through the modes of the camera, offering practical advice on choosing your settings, expert shooting tips, and end-of-chapter “challenges” to get you up and running with your EOS 60D.
This book is for anyone who wants to upgrade from a point-and-shoot, or who wants to jump right into photography with the control and capabilities of a powerful DSLR. Canon EOS 60D: From Snapshots to Great Shots
shows not only what makes a great shot work―but how to get that shot using your EOS 60D.
Follow along with your friendly and knowledgeable guide, and you will:
- Learn the top ten things you need to know about shooting with the EOS 60D
- Use the EOS 60D’s advanced camera settings to gain full control over the look and feel of your images
- Master the photographic basics of composition, focus, depth of field, and much more
- Learn all the best tricks and techniques for getting great action shots, landscapes, and portraits
- Find out how to get great shots in low light
- Learn the basics of shooting video with your EOS 60D and start making movies of your own
- Fully grasp all the concepts and techniques as you go, with challenges at the end of every chapter
And once you’ve got the shot, show it off! Join the book’s Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you use your EOS 60D to get great shots at http://www.flickr.com/groups/canon60dfromsnapshotstogreatshots.