A DSLR you'll never want to leave behind
The EOS 100D is a fully-featured, responsive DSLR that is also small and light enough to take everywhere. The ideal camera to document your lifestyle. Shoot 18-megapixel photos and Full HD movies everywhere you go and enjoy great performance even in poor light: a maximum ISO sensitivity of 12800 (extendable to ISO 25600) allows you to shoot images that are low in noise but full of atmosphere.
- High-quality low-noise photography with a highly compact, take- everywhere DSLR
- Shoot 18-megapixel photos and Full-HD video with the same camera
- Quick to use, with an optical viewfinder and responsive controls
- Easy to use, large touch-screen
- Get shooting quickly and easily with Scene Intelligent Auto
- Continuous Hybrid AF II keeps moving subjects in focus when shooting video
- Create video-clip sequences in camera
- Give your images a unique look with Creative filter effects
- Learn about the camera with a built-in Feature Guide
- Explore the EOS System of lenses and accessories
Easy and enjoyable to use
Compose your photos using a bright, responsive optical viewfinder or use the 1,040,000-dot 7.7cm (3.0") 3:2 Clear View II TFT Touch screen to control the camera. Navigate menus, review pictures and even focus and shoot by tapping, swiping and pinching.
Capture Full HD movies
Shoot high-quality video at resolutions up to Full-HD (1080p). Take control of exposure, focusing, sound and more, or use the Video Snapshot mode to capture edited movie sequences in-camera. Hybrid CMOS AF II provides continuous focusing while shooting, ideal for keeping moving subjects sharp.
Simple operation – fantastic results
Canon's Scene Intelligent Auto technology analyses the scene and sets the most appropriate cameras settings automatically. And as your photography develops a built-in Feature Guide will teach you how to get the most from the camera.
Capture the action
Track and shoot fast moving subjects at 4 fps and take advantage of nine AF points to focus swiftly and accurately, even with off-centre subjects.
Taking your next creative steps
Express your creative side with one of the EOS 100D's Creative filters. Extra Effect Shot captures a filtered and unfiltered shot simultaneously. Choose from Grainy Black & White, Toy Camera, Miniature Effect and more, and preview the effect of each filter before you shoot.
A mode for whatever you are shooting
Theme-based Scene modes automatically choose the right camera settings for the subject you're shooting. Choose from Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Kids, Food and more. And when you're ready, progress to Creative Auto mode for more control over factors like background blur, via an intuitive interface.
Welcome to the EOS System
Take advantage of the extensive range of lenses, accessories and flashes that make up the EOS System.
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
The ideal standard lens for those starting out in DSLR photo and video
- Versatile zoom range – great for landscapes, portraits and travel
- Compact lightweight design
- Avoid camera shake with a four-stop optical Image Stabilizer
- STM Motor gives smooth, near-silent focusing when shooting video
- 0.25m close focusing distance
- Resistant to flare and ghosting
- Easy to use with filters
- Simple manual-focus adjustment
- Smooth out-of-focus backgrounds
An ideal first step into the DSLR world
Tackle a range of subjects, from landscapes to portraits and action, with a versatile 18-55mm zoom range. Lightweight construction makes this a great everyday lens.
Increased sharpness with four-stop Image Stabilizer
An optical Image Stabilizer reduces the risk of camera shake, enabling hand-held photography in low-light conditions without flash. Use shutter speeds up to four stops longer than normal without blur from camera movement.
Quiet, smooth focusing in movies
STM Motor technology provides near-silent focusing to leave your video soundtrack uninterrupted by noise, and adjusts smoothly and precisely as you shoot.
Designed for great photograph
Focus on small subjects, with a closest focusing distance of just 0.25m. A non-rotating front element makes using filters straight forward, and a manual focus ring enables manual override of focusing at any time.
Great image quality, whatever the subject
A Super Spectra Coating is used to reduce flare and improve sharpness, while a seven-bladed aperture provides smooth out-of-focus highlights for a more natural look and feel.