- Buy any digital camera and get £25 off Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 or Photoshop & Premier Elements 14 bundle on Disc for PC or Mac. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Full-frame 20.2-megapixel sensor
- Tough, lightweight construction
- Max ISO 25,600 (expandable to ISO 102,400)
- 11-point AF sensitive down to -3EV
- GPS records your location
Discover the Canon EOS 6D--click here to start the tour.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: Body Only
A 20.2-megapixel DSLR featuring a full-frame sensor and compact design. Ideal for portrait photography and travel, offering tight control over depth of field and a large choice of wide-angle EF lenses....
Canon EOS 6D
From the Manufacturer
Your Entry into the Full-Frame World
A 20.2-megapixel DSLR featuring a full-frame sensor and compact design. Ideal for portrait photography and travel, offering tight control over depth of field and a large choice of wide-angle EF lenses.
20.2-Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS
At the heart of the EOS 6D is a 20-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and a powerful DIGIC 5+ image processor. Together these deliver images that are packed with detail and clarity. Colours are reproduced accurately whilst tonal gradation is subtle and natural.
The Full-Frame Advantage
Enjoy access to wide-angle EF lenses and discover new approaches to landscape, interiors and street photography. The extra control over depth of field provided by the full-frame sensor is ideal for adding impact to your portraits.
Designed to Travel
Lightweight enough to go everywhere with you and strong enough to withstand the rigors of travel photography. Simple controls and intuitive ergonomics make the EOS 6D quick and easy to use.
Powerful Low-Light Performance
When light levels get low, the EOS 6D keeps delivering superb photography. ISO sensitivity extends from ISO 100 up to ISO 25,600 (expandable to L:50, H1:51,200, H2:102,400) and an 11-point autofocus system is responsive down to -3EV. That’s sensitive enough to operate under moonlight.
Compose Pictures with Ease
Work intuitively with the EOS 6D’s bright full-frame viewfinder. A 1,040,000-dot 7.6 cm (3.0”) Clear View II LCD screen makes Live View shooting of stills and Full-HD video a pleasure.
GPS Tracks your Every Movement
Built-in GPS determines your exact location and geotags each image file with the information. In GPS Logger mode a record of your route is recorded as you move around, even when the camera is switched off.*
Wi-Fi for Unparalleled Connect
Shoot remotely from alternative viewpoints: connect and control your EOS 6D using your PC, Mac or smartphone. Images can be transferred wirelessly and shared with family and friends.**
Shoot Full-HD video at 1080p resolution, taking advantage of fast-aperture lenses and full manual control to achieve cinematic effects.
EF 70-200 mm f/4L IS USM
Compact, manoeuvrable and lightweight. The EF 70-200 mm f/4L IS USM is a telezoom featuring the very finest in L-series optical technology to deliver outstanding optical performance and operability.
EF 16-35 mm f/4L IS USM
Capture stunning landscapes and architectural images using this compact and lightweight, high-performance, f/4 fixed aperture, ultra wide-angle zoom lens with Image Stabilizer. Ideal for professionals and enthusiasts.
EF 100 mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
The EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM, part of Canon's prestigious L series, and first featuring an Image Stabilizer with angle and shift detection that is highly effective at close focusing distances.
* GPS use may be restricted in certain countries or regions. Use of GPS should comply with the laws and regulations of the country and area in which it is being operated including any restriction on the use of electronics.
**Wi-Fi support varies by device and region
Top Customer Reviews
As an introduction, here is a summary of strengths and weaknesses:
* Excellent image quality, in both RAW and JPEG, ability to produce clean images up to 10,000 ISO and acceptable images at H2 - 102,500 ISO!
* Hence, great versatility with available light and indoor situations and street shooting at night
* Noiseless images up to 1000 ISO at least, with the L 50 ISO setting producing superb images
* Incredibly versatile photographic tool - with FF and massively usable ISO range, this is a superb machine for reportage, travel, landscape, social and documentary photography
* With WiFi capability, it should be good enough for light duty studio and location work too
* Tested with 24-105L, 17-40L, 28mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 EF lenses. Lack of vignetting with all tested wide open and stopped down and at wide ends on the zooms. The 24-105L - a notorious lens for vignetting at the wide end - seemed to be trouble free
* State of the art low light focussing ability: EV -3 apparently. The best of any Canon DSLR I have used. Significantly better than the 7D and 1Dx
* Silent shooting mode a real boon. Very quiet operation for a FF camera (even in non-silent mode) - the shutter release is significantly quieter than the 5D's. I was able to take photographs during a church mass with no problems
* Commendable battery life. Same LP-E6 battery as most EOS cameras above the 600-series.Read more ›
On opening the box it took only a matter of minutes to set it up and although the battery was dead on arrival my trusty battery grip and rechargeable AA batteries allowed me to get to work. This is a fine looking camera and performs superbly. If it wasn't any good I would have shelled out so much money for it. It performs as it should with minimal fuss and all the controls are in reach without removing the eye from the viewfinder. There are plenty of gadgets it doesn't have but really all my cameras have something the other doesn't. This is the smallest Full frame camera if i'm not mistaken on the market but built like my Nikon D7000 in that its rock solid and ideal for travel and harsh treatment.
I recently took the camera to Belfast for some night shots around the Laganside and Waterfront Hall. I was simply blown away by the low light capability of this camera. I tried some high iso handheld shots and honestly could not find the grain. The meter literally works in Moonlight pitch dark and the auto focus still worked. I didn't even bracket my pictures and the meter got it right every time. Put simply.Read more ›
To describe 6D in one sentence is to say: it's a 60D with a full frame sensor.
- awesome dynamic range (I can rescue up to 4 stops of overexposure in Lightroom)
- very good high ISO up to 6400 (more a bit too grainy for my liking)
- great colours (as all Canons)
- lots of pixels to crop from, really detailed images
- great LCD screen
- small size & weight (for a Full Frame DSLR)
- buttons similar to 60D, but less "mooshy", with better feedback
- new 8 way controller quite comfortable for selecting focus points
- LiveView/Video switch nicely taken out of the mode dial
- mode dial now turns 360, and is rid of all the scene modes (finally!)
- FPS are just quick enough (when shooting in Continuous mode I often end up with 2 shots, not releasing the shutter button quickly enough)
- AF is acceptable (the central AF point very sensitive and accurate, side points much less accurate)
- battery life great (1000+ photos per charge)
- only SD card slot (1 slot, so no in camera backup)
- video features almost same as other Canon DSLRs (which means manual focus only viable option)
- video either automatic or manual, can't use Aperture Priority for example
- preview mode redesigned with new buttons, takes a while to get used to. Custom function to open images in 100% to start with to check focus.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love the Canon 6D. Brilliant colour tone in the photos I have takenPublished 26 days ago by Giles Thomas
Canon's cheapest full frame DSLR certainly packs a punch and includes many features not available on more expensive cameras
I use this for semi-pro work shooting live... Read more
I've got two of these and use them for weddings, image quality is outstanding with good lenses on board. Better in low light than the 5d mk3 and image quality is the same as mk3. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Paul Rees
I recently sold my Canon 5D MkII and have bought the 6D as a replacement. And it doesn't disappoint. Read morePublished 6 months ago by J. Kleinsteuber
Great product!! Great quality! Came as desciried! Fast delivery!Published 7 months ago by Zois Alexopoulos
If you enjoy photography, then you may surely know that owning a full frame camera is a popular aspiration. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Picard
I'm really happy with this camera, nice price, faster and good.Published 10 months ago by Alberto Baucis
My workhorse camera for studio and location work.
Fan boys will go on about how much better the MKIII is but in reality there is very little difference in the images... Read more
Big, beautiful viewfinder is the first thing that grabs you. I much prefer the simpler 19 point AF to the more sophisticated AF found on the 5D3. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Blackdog64