on 18 February 2013
I previously owned the Canon P-150, and almost upgraded to the P-215. Then I saw this scanner which is a bit more expensive, however, as I am now scanning every bit of mail a high performing scanner was required. Firstly due to its unique design it takes up very minimal space on the office desk which is awesome. The default setting is 200 DPI and this litterally scanners a page in around 1 second. I have connected to it via USB, although it supports wireless connection which can be useful. The other big improvement over the P-150 is the that the software works really well at the click of a button. There are some predefined scan settings and the button can be associated with either of these or a custom profile. Unlike the P-150 i virtually never get paper doubling up which is the biggest PRO of this device. The other big thing for me is the built in software automatically applies OCR to the document. This is very important when you are searching the files later on. There is a whole bunch of other included software for more advanced stuff. My previous no searchable PDF documents through the software were easily converted into searchable which is great. I have put in around 30 pages and when I do large numbers like this there is a manual level so that it comes out on the desk rather than vertically. Although you do not need to do this, I think when you have a lot of paper it is worth using this feature rather than having the paper go up vertically as it will start falling out otherwise. For your average bill of 1-10 pages it works perfectly the vertical output. Anyway, unless you need to travel with your scanner I would buy this one over the portable P150 or P-215. That in mind I never owned a 215 only a 150. Anyway all in all, I am very happy with this scanner.
on 15 August 2014
Poor as it proved faulty and the vendor refused to take it back without a technician from Canon first inspecting the scanner. This has to date not happened and as a result has cost me a small fortune!
What can you do about this?
Thanks,
Colin Crabbe.
on 16 July 2014
I have had this scanner for about one month and purchased it to replace a Xerox flatbed document scanner that had stopping working.

I needed a document scanner that would be compatible on Windows and Mac and this scanner fitted the bill.

One of the biggest surprises is its ABILITY TO SCAN VERY SMALL RECEIPTS, boarding card stubs and business cards.
I had resisted purchasing an upright document scanner before as I scan alot of expenses receipts and used to lay them out on the flatbed scanner. The Canon handles small flimsy receipts with no bother and makes my task of scanning much quicker.

It is a speedy and intutive little scanner and it is also neat and inobtrusive, which is great for me as I have very little desk space.
Being COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS AND MAC adds to its versatility for me as many scanners will not work with Mac.

It is a keeper in my book and anyone that is hesitating over scanners for a small business that does not need to make copies from a book should seriously consider this scanner. I wish I had known about is earlier.

I don't make use of the software as I use Adobe Acrobat but being Twain compliant is a plus.

I am giving this scanner 5 stars as I have no compliants 1 month in and I no longer cringe at the thought of having to spend so much time scanning. Great product - well done Canon (and I do NOT work for them or any associated companies).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 April 2014
Amazingly quick and easy to use, scans both sides at once. Using this has enabled me to rid lots of paperwork freeing up a lot of shelf space.