Colour Name: BlueChange

on 7 May 2014
The product is what I needed but it is so expensive.
The "XL" apparently means the ink should last longer but I don't think it does. I would not like to see how long the standard cartridge lasts.

I have stuck to buying the original cartridges because of scare tactics in regard to using compatible ink products damaging the printer, but I think I will consider compatible ink products as I am sure the costs of these cartridges is like purchasing a new printer each time.

I had to rate the product two stars less because of the price and unreliable claims that the cartridges lasts longer.
on 10 March 2013
As should be expected from the OEM, these inks are excellent and work well in the printer. Results are sharp and clear. Using the printer for 2~3 A4 sheets each day, the inks have not dried in the head so do not need excessive ink consuming cleaning every time the printer is used. No more cleaning than with my old printer.

Only down side at the moment is that being a very new cartridge, no compatibles are currently available, so replacing the inks is expensive.
VINE VOICEon 1 April 2015
I bought the Canon PG550/CL551XL High Capacity Cartridge - Multicolour set for my rather excellent Canon MP7150, but the pack was missing one ink. This printer also uses a grey ink.

So I had to place another order for this one. Why Canon do not sell packs with all six cartridges in as well as the five, it would make things far easier.

Anyway, this is the "XL" cartridge which is somewhat better value and shouldn't run out so quickly. Having been stung in the past with 3rd party inks, I now keep to official branded carts.
on 26 May 2013
Nothing much to say, lasts long enough, but nothing to compare with. Great Colours that Canon put out with all the Cli-551 which is what I use. S Lindley.
on 18 September 2015
For a new printer, I was hoping it would be a little more economic when it comes to it's use of ink. Older inkjets used to use ink like it was going out of fashion, spending as much time cleaning their heads (and therefore printing onto a blotting pad) as they did printing. Unfortunately this printer seems to do the same, and as a result I end up buying more of these than i would like...
on 29 March 2015
Unlike many other printer manufacturers, genuine Canon ink has tended to be priced at a sensible point, thus obviating the need to purchase third party consumables that may only be marginally cheaper.

There are cheaper cartridges out there, both genuine and third-party, but they're often not the 'XL' version, which offers a considerably longer duty cycle.
on 4 February 2016
High capacity? well it printed 100 6" x 4" colour photos and 10 A3 colour prints before running out completely.

I still have 50% black, 40% grey, 70% yellow, 1/4 PGBK, 70% cyan

The Canon IP8750 is very very VERY heavy on the Magenta cartridge, I will be outsourcing my printing from now on this is far too expensive!
on 1 June 2015
I use these on the Canon Pixma ip8750 for A3 photographs and cannot fault them, true colours

Don't waste your money on compatible inks because they don't always work and they clog up the ink jets. You get what you pay for. I would not hesitate to buy these again from the seller who delivered them promptly.
on 17 November 2013
As is. Original but expensive. Tried compatible cartridges on canon and epson in the past. It's a bit of a lottery doing so but have discovered that sometimes compatible cartridges improved when I used the cleaning self maintenance printer facility. Why is the grey not included in the composite packs?
on 4 March 2015
For a little more money it is nice to have the option of a larger cartridge. I do prefer to use manufacturer's own cartridges; they seem less of a quality gamble and there is less likely to be any warranty problems with a new printer. Loses a star for the expense.

See one answered question