Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Jul 2011 11:20:43 BDT
Hi all!

I have a Canon 550D and only own the standard lens that come with it i.e. 18-55. I would like macro lens for close up work. I am a complete novice having owned my camera since April and therefore not knowing much about lenses at all.

Would I be able to use the 60mm for my 550D? If not, what macro lens do you recommend. I also would like a upgrade from my 18-55, what do you recommend?

Thank you :- )

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 13:56:53 BDT
Samtana12345 says:
Yep you can use the 60mm EF-S macro or any lense that has EF or EF-S on the 550D. I don't think you can use the EF-S lenses on the full frame cameras (1D, 5D etc) though. To see the full list see the link bellow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF-S_lens_mount

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2011 09:42:27 BDT
Mavis says:
I have a canon 550d and use the 100mm 2.8 macro lens, which is excellent. I considered the 60mm but wanted to take wildlife shots, so needed the extra distance from insects. Only downside of the lens that I have noticed is that it is a bit larger than the kit lens or 60mm macro, but I don't find it too heavy to hand hold comfortably.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  2 Jul 2011
Latest post:  20 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens - non Image Stabilised
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens - non Image Stabilised by Canon
4.9 out of 5 stars   (50)