Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Book Thief forum

Cannot read Max's story due to the size of the print on kindle paperwhite!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Mar 2014 12:41:14 GMT
J. Cuff says:
I cannot read Max's story due to the size of the print on kindle paperwhite. It won't let you increase the size (as it's Max's handwritten notes and illustrations) and I can't read it even with my glasses and a magnifying glass. I have tried googling for the text but no joy. Can anyone help? please!!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2014 01:01:11 GMT
Ashleymews says:
Do what I did today, read it on your PC

Posted on 27 Mar 2014 05:52:50 GMT
J. Cuff says:
I tried that on my laptop but the writing was still too small for me to read. My eyesight is not *that* bad either!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2014 08:18:05 GMT
Ashleymews says:
It worked for me but I use a large widescreen desktop. Kindle is bad for authors' maps too.

Posted on 7 Apr 2014 18:02:56 BDT
If it's a picture try pressing and holding on the image until you get a magnifying glass which should let you zoom in using two fingers and move around the zoomed image?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2014 10:49:48 BDT
MarketBoy says:
'ere you go. I can't help much with the pictures though:

"All my life
I've been scared
of men standing over me.

I suppose my first standover man was my father,
but he vanished before I could remember him.

For some reason when I was a boy I liked to fight. A lot of the time, I lost. Another boy, sometimes with blood falling from his nose, would be standing over me.

Many years later, I needed to hide. I tried not to sleep because I was afraid of who might be there when I woke up.
But I was lucky. It was always my friend.

When I was hiding, I dreamed of a certain man. The hardest was when I traveled (sic) to find him.

Out of sheer luck, and many footsteps, I made it.

I slept there for a long time. Three days, they told me ... and what did I find when I woke up ? Not a man, but someone else, standing over me.

As time passed by, the girl and I realized we had things in common
(written on the wall: TRAIN. DREAMS. FISTS)

But there is one strange thing.
The girl says I look like something else.

Now I live in a basement. Bad dreams still live in my sleep.
One night, after my usual nightmare, a shadow stood above me. She said "Tell me what you dream of."
So I did.

In return, she explained what her own dreams were made of.

Now I think we are friends, this girl and me. On her birthday, it was she who gave a gift - to me.
It makes me understand that the best standover man I've ever known is not a man at all ..."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Book Thief forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  25 Mar 2014
Latest post:  26 Sep 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Book Thief
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Paperback - 2005)
4.6 out of 5 stars (4,466)