TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 November 2013
Written in gentle style, this story takes us to a mountain resort that just begs for investment. Darcy Fitzgerald married a divorced father but his kids convinced their parents to get back together. A year after Darcy's divorce Logan O'Donnell seems like a nice guy, but he's got a son who spends holiday times with him - she's not keen to go there again.

Co-parenting sounds fine until you try it, thinks Logan regretfully as he hands young Charlie back to his mother. Heading off to blaze some trails on his mountain bike, Logan is convinced that the failing ski resort he wants to buy could earn its keep from adventure sports during summer. Logan's sister India is Darcy's best friend and Darcy jumps at the chance to stay with Logan and India for Thanksgiving. Darcy explains at their beach house that she is in sports marketing - she models sports wear, with snowboarding gear up next. Logan invites her for Christmas at his newly purchased resort in the Catskills. She accepts, but there will be kids present...

Charlie and his school pal from the projects, Andre, are great youngsters, though aged nine they seem a little old to have a firm belief in Santa's powers of sorting out situations. I welcomed the introduction of Andre as he showed a less well off side of society - his mother has been jailed, and she's pleased that her son will have a good Christmas when Andre gets an invitation to keep Charlie company at the ski resort.

There is not a lot of action in this book by Susan Wiggs but plenty of characterisation and long conversations, as romance gently arrives. We also get recipes ranging from pickles to eggnog pancakes or beer cheese spread. I would have liked some more action or tension or perhaps to see some of Andre's life, and that is why I am not giving it more stars.
on 24 November 2013
This is a good book for a simple read, it updates you on some of the families from previous Lakeshore Chronicles, but, I didn't find it as consuming as the previous books. It seemed to be over before it had really got going. I would still recommend it as a good read, as it was a good read, just not as good as the others in the series.
on 25 January 2014
Read from library. Found first half of book very slow going. It then picked up and I was captured by the story. Having read most of series I cant equate timeline. Charlie seems too old, Ninas baby too young. Somehow 11 years ago logan was a kid in a magazine shoot.
3* because book very slow also timelines. I did enjoy the last half.
Note my library copy they bought 3.1.14 for £16.95 was small hardback with different cover to that shown here. Also thick pages with raged edges and little print on each page. Loads blank pages between chapters. I will show library buyer as poor value like a second. Beware books like this when buying.
on 28 November 2013
I have fully enjoyed this series of books, total escapism, I like the links to each book, but think you could still pick up any one of them and enjoy it individually, thank you for a great read
on 24 November 2013
I love the whole series, hopefully there are more to come. Not normally the kind of book I'd pick up but took a good gamble.
on 18 January 2014
The author, Susan Wiggs combined all the elements necessary to make a lovely story. I really enjoyed reading it. The characters were very cleverly brought into the story, the children were a great element for after all Christmas is for the children be they small or adult size! The romance was just right and I just loved the recipes I will be trying out a few of them if not all!
on 6 January 2016
I thoroughly enjoy ed this book as I did the others in the series, I read them all in about 2 months. The stories are well interwoven and interesting. It is not what I'd call stellar fiction but a good, quick and entertaining read.
on 1 January 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the previous Lakeside Chronicles, so have really enjoyed catching up with Logan and his son, Charlie. It tied up quite a few ends. I hope there will be some more in this series.
on 24 April 2014
This is my last one in this wonderful series. I have loved the books since first arriving at Willow Lake. Such easy to read stories and each book is a part of this magical place I loved to escape to.
on 20 March 2014
This was a very enjoyable novel, but after reading it, I found out that it was the last in the series of 10 so I am going to try and read the previous novels