From the Back Cover
This third edition of Cancer Biology provides a clear and concise update of this well respected introductory text on the biological principles of the causes and treatment of cancer.
The book has been updated to include areas of recent research to give a more student friendly approach. Several chapters have been revsied and expanded where appropriate, but it's overall comprehensive coverage of the subject has been maintained throughout.
- concise introduction to the subject
- comprehensive up-to-date coverage of key topics in cancer biology
- chapters have been updated to include any new developments, where appropriate
- illustrations have been amended to reflect current data
- references have been moved to the end of each chapter
- the glossary has been expanded
Cancer Biology is an essential text for students of cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics and biomedical sciences. It will also be valuable to postgraduate students moving into cancer research.
Roger J. King is Honorary Professor in Cellular Oncology at Surrey University, UK. He was formerly Chairman of the International Society for Hormones and Cancer, Head of the Hormone Biochemistry Department at the Imperial Cancer Research Fund Laboratories and a consultant to the World Health Organisation.
Mike Robins was formally Senior Lecturer in Physiology at Kings College, London.