Customer Discussions > The Guardian and the Observer forum

Can I get the Kindle Guardian in Spain?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Jul 2011 11:42:44 BDT
slanters says:
If I subscribe now will I continue to get the Guardian whilst I am on holiday in Spain over the Summer?

Posted on 15 Jul 2011 08:30:52 BDT
iivictor says:
I live in Spain and get the Guardian on my 2nd geneation Kindle, but no pictures, at least in today's edition (jul.15th) though usually the front page has a picture. I also get the New Statesman and The Spectator, but, again, no pictures apart from the cover.
I think you can probably continue getting The Guardian while on holiday in Spain if you use the "Manage your Kindle" and change your country , then change it back again when you return.
For some reason Kindle material from the UK cannot be purchased in Spain, or I imagine in any other European country. All my UK kindle newpapers and magazines are billed in dollars and sent by whispernet from amazon.com in the USA.
Reading the reviews it seeems that the UK source has a fair sprinkling of pictures, but I've no idea why we cannot get the same quality from the USA

Posted on 26 Dec 2011 12:59:40 GMT
I would also like to know the answer to this question, as I travel a lot, both to Spain and other countries. Having the paper delivered daily automatically wherever I may be in the world would be great. But it would be frustrating if only part of the paper was delivered, and annoying to have to change my settings every time I travel. At present, I can read the paper online on my laptop, and it sounds as if this is a better experience than the Kindle edition (as well as being free), though the Kindle version seems to have some advantages, e.g. the paper is downloaded and available for 7 days, articles can be saved, etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa30ab2b8)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  12 Jul 2011
Latest post:  26 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Guardian and the Observer
The Guardian and the Observer by Guardian News Media
3.8 out of 5 stars   (208)