Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Can it be used with wireless speakers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Sep 2012 10:40:28 BDT
J R Widnes says:
Can it be used with wireless speakers

Posted on 30 Dec 2012 15:13:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Dec 2012 14:50:16 GMT
Charlie-CJ says:
Hi J.R. The iPod Classic doesn't have any WiFi capability. However you can add Kleer technology WiFi streaming to it using an RCUBE-WHITE Portable iPod Speaker System with Remote Control in White and a clip on Arcam rWand Wireless iPod transmitter for rCube and rDAC. Arcam also produce the rDACkw to wirelessly stream from the 160Gb iPod Classic to a HiFi amplifier, using the same rWand adaptor. Sadly this is all quite expensive, and not everyone seems to love the portable rCube as much as I do, but this is probably the only way of using the iPod 160Gb Classic wirelessly and at least it works very well.

At the moment the Arcam rWand relies on the old style iPod 30pin connector which the Classic 160Gb has - I don't know if the Arcam rWand system can work via the new lighting connecter on the iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone via the 30 pin to Lightning adaptor (I'd have to ask Arcam). The rCube and rDACkw also works with the Arcam rWave Wireless USB transmitter for rCube and rDAC for wireless streaming from a PC or laptop via its USB2 port.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  15 Sep 2012
Latest post:  30 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions