Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.71

on 14 April 2003
This is a fantastic little book with a simple but charming story and a pleasantly surreal ending, if you have pre-school age kids, buy with confidence.
It is also very well put together and printed on thick board, which is VERY handy when you have young kids who show their appreciation of a good book by sucking it!
Although the book's illustrator Mary Blair was a favorite protege of Walt Disney's, the bold and highly stylised concept work she did for Disney Pictures was heavily diluted for the final films, nonetheless her contribution is undoubtable. "I can fly" is an opportunity to enjoy the verve and joy of Mary's style in its pure form, whether you are four or forty.
With original Mary Blair work and prints fetching very high prices it is great that Little Golden Books have kept this book in print so that it can be enjoyed by animation geeks like myself and of course its intended audience!
"I can fly" page after page of Mary's whimsical but striking illustrations, curiously it doesn't even look too dated, maybe the rest of the world has finally caught up with her?
This really is one of those rare books that you can enjoy right along with your children.
on 29 April 2008
If you know the original edition of this book, you will be seriously disappointed with this version of I Can Fly, as half of the pages are missing. Why isn't that clearly stated in the book description?!
on 24 November 2011
I have become a fan of Mary Blair's so I was excited when I found this book for my 10 month old daughter. Beautifully illustrated book for little ones (and for nostalgic mummies!) Simply charming. Though (silly) Daddy thinks it's gorgeous too, he doesn't 'get' the ending.