on 1 August 2009
This is a great stove. It doesn't come with a regulator, but this is good because if it did, it'd be a Campingaz regulator. Campingaz gas is extremely expensive in the UK. If you plan on UK-only camping, or short trips abroad where you won't get through more than one gas cylinder, opt for Calor Gas or Flogas instead. Of those two, Calor Gas is the more widely available.
The Calor Gas 4.5kg butane cylinders are probably the most appropriate for this stove. The refills are approximately £15. That gets you 4.5kg of gas. The equivalent Campingaz cylinder (the 907) contains only 2.7kg of gas, but costs £20.
You can also use propane gas with this stove if you like. You just need to ensure you use the correct regulator for whatever cylinder/gas you chose to use.

Before I bought this stove, I read that you can't use the grill and the gas rings at the same time. This is not the case - you can use all three at the same time if you want to. This being said, it says in the manual that this is not recommended.

Another comment made was that the gas rings are still fairly powerful even on the lowest setting. This is true, but to counter this,
slowly turn the knob past the highest setting (back towards the 'off' position) and you'll find that it's possible to maintain a very low, stable flame.

This gets four stars because the worm drive clips / Jubilee clips included are rubbish. I tightened them to the point where I felt the hose was secure, and they broke.
If you find this happens, you need M00 (m-zero-zero - not the cow noise) size replacement clips.
2525 comments| 1,073 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2009
This is a great stove and I'm very glad we bought it. We were attracted to this one because it was a double burner and had the bonus of having a grill. A single burner would not have been substantial enough because you wouldn't be able to cook more than one thing at a time - so no tea in the morning to accompany your cooked breakfast! The grill does work well but I would recommend putting something underneath the pan to raise it up to the grill, otherwise it would take forever to cook anything! We happened to find a brick lying around so used that, which brought it up to the perfect cooking height.

We didn't bother getting the Campingaz regulator because we didn't want to be limited to just being able to use expensive Gampingaz gas. We went to our local Homebase to buy some Butane gas and a regulator, but they'd had a falling out with their supplier Calor! We ended up buying Propane gas instead and this works very well with the stove. The instruction booklet will tell you what kind of low pressure regulator you'll need for the different types of gas. I think for Butane gas you need a 28 mbar regulator and for Propane you need 37 mbar regulator.

At first I didn't bother buying the carry case for this stove because I thought it would just be a waste of money, but after using the stove once, I soon changed my mind! Once the regulator is on, you wont be able to fit the stove back in the box without ripping it, like we did! It's also just more convenient to be able to carry the stove over your shoulder and the front pocket is useful for storage.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone because it's a really good quality product at a very reasonable price. If you interested in this stove you should probably get in there quick as the price is constantly rising - we only paid just over £35 for ours.
11 comment| 250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2009
brilliant little stove..compact and sturdy.. best price ive seen it.. calour gas can be used instead of campinggaz cylinders..recommended..
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2009
This was a great item at a great price - exactly what we need ready for the camping season. The stove is well built and sturdy, and very easy to set up and pack away. would definately recommend this stove!
on 11 June 2009
Campingaz make some pretty good equipment but can't help feeling that they are beginning to cut corners to keep prices down (or profits up!). The metal used in this stove is quite thin and weak. Good for light weight but not for general use. Mine arrived slightly bent at one end but I realised that it wasn't worth sending back because it'll almost certainly get bent during normal use anyway. The burners themselves are very good and work well but the grill is of limited use as its cooking area is so small - you even have to turn toast around to do each end!

It's easy to clean, folds down nice and compact and is a standard size so will fit into most standard camping kitchen setups.

In retrospect I'd have either bought one without the grill and saved a little money or bought an entirely different 3 or 4 burner stove instead.....I often find that 2 burners isn't enough so also carry a small 'suitcase stove' around with me too.

In short, a good two burner stove, albeit a little cheaply made in places with a grill that has very limited use.
on 6 September 2008
It's a pretty good camping cooker, boils a kettle quick enough and there's nothing like a bit of toast when you're camping. It feels a bit flimsy and wobbly I guess but I have yet to come across a camping cooker that doesn't, so I would definitely recommend this one as i think the grill makes all the difference to your cooking options.
on 6 August 2009
A camper for many years using the coals charcoal bbq I thought I would try something different, (I actually set fire to a trailer once using coals, but that is another story). On wet days as well as sunny? the campingaz was great, and so quick to set up, dismantle and pack away I should have got one years ago.
on 22 April 2010
I bought this off amazon for our first family camping trip. Its a great cooker for a family.We had the kettle going on one side and frying pan on the other and toast under ,I did two pieces next to one another.Can't wait to use it for our next trip the end of may.Get if you have a lot of mouths to feed!!
on 7 October 2010
Great little cooker ,only shame is theres no piezo ignition ,so dont forget lighter or matches ,not a problem for me ,sadly a smoker! Grill fine ,does toast in no time ,didnt need to put grill pan on a brick as another reviewer stated (maybe they had a faulty regulator). Dont forget you'll need a calor or camping gaz cylinder ,I'd suggest a small one (4.5 or 7.5 kg) as it doesnt use much . Apparently calor is easier to source and cheaper .Loads of empty bottles going on ebay for 3 or 4 quid ,just find one locally and exchange it for a full one for the cost of the gas.Remember you only need a small one . Best price I could find especially with Amazon free postage ,well chuffed despite the lack of piezo ignition.
on 18 August 2009
Great product from Campingaz, packs away neatly for a stove that has a grill and twin burners. Mine came with a regulator in the box so suspect the seller has started shipping with one included. If you want a low cost, well spec'd camp cooker that is fairly solid, packs small and has the bonus of a grill then this is for you. Only downside is it could have come with a piezo electric ignitor but then it would have bumped the costs, so now I just have to tie a lighter on a bit of string to the side of it.