on 14 September 2015
brilliant piece of kit, I have an eye problem and cannot see the led screen in daylight, but this has solved that, a bonus is with mt hobby of astro photography where the big problem is focusing to infinity, again with this it doubles the standard magnification on my Cannon Rebel, which with this by doubling the standard 4x to 8x enabling concise focusing, brilliant, some people say they have problems with unit attachment, but I find this not to be so, if handled properly, I have even made icy road fit my Sony dslr with tilt screen which nobody seems to make one to fit, but by drilling 2 small holes either side and using some elstcated cord to go round back of lad screen it works fine, in all for me a great addition to my camera bag. Would definitely buy again.
on 27 June 2013
The magnetic square is strong enough to hold the viewfinder and fits perfectly on a Canon Kiss X4. There are 4 adhesive strips on the metal square to place around the LCD screen that fits the detachable viewfinder.. Good quality. No issues so far, I just hope the square stays fixed to the camera. Straight away I could see what was in focus, especially working with shallow depth of fields and sun glare on the screen.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2013
I've had problems seeing the screen while filming outside on a bright sunny day, as did my crew who wanted to review footage with me; this product has helped a lot. It's only worth the money if you ever have or predict you will encounter this problem but otherwise it's just a fancy tool to waste your money on trying to look professional.
on 2 August 2013
Only £11 and it is brilliant for focusing and for shooting in sunny conditions. I did not have a problem with adhesive as other reviews have said and the magnets are definitely strong enough.
on 18 February 2013
Grandson loved it
just what he wanted
don't know anything about its technical merits
as a discerning photography student he is pleased
on 25 August 2014
Unit works well but the adhesive on the magnetic frame failed.
on 18 January 2015