Call the Midwife 4 Seasons 2014
Amazon Instant Video
1. Episode 1 As Jenny struggles to care for over-run mother Merle Vickers and her two sickly sons, it is Sister Monica Joan who holds the key to the diagnosis of their mystery illness.
2. Episode 2 Jenny is excited to be promoted to acting sister, but she soon finds herself dealing with her most challenging case yet.
3. Episode 3 Sister Julienne receives a phone call from Holloway Prison where the Salvation Army, who normally provide midwifery for female inmates, have been struck down with influenza.
4. Episode 4 Jenny is worried that a Jewish patient, Leah, is struggling to cope with her mother's sickness and agoraphobia, on top of her own pregnancy.
5. Episode 5 As Jenny takes compassionate leave after Alec's death and Sister Julienne falls from exhaustion Shelagh returns to help out and efficient nurse Patsy Mount arrives.
6. Episode 6 Patsy discovers Docker Maurice Glennon has an infection sustained whilst he was in a Japanese POW camp. Young Irish couple Phoebe and Declan Doyle arrive in the area, having fled from home as she is Catholic and he a Protestant. The birth of Phoebe's child is difficult, causing her to consider it a punishment for crossing the religious divide.
7. Episode 7 Jenny is seconded to the London Hospital's maternity ward, where her first patient, Faye Rawle, is overly anxious and demanding following a miscarriage and Jenny breaks the rules to reassure her before returning to the East End.
8. Episode 8 After consoling Chummy Sister Monica Joan is reminded of her rift with her own mother decades earlier and becomes distressed. Chummy and Peter decide that they will nurse the terminally ill Lady Browne at their house, helped by the nuns and midwives.
Call the Midwife - Christmas Special (2013) As Christmas and the wedding of Dr Turner to Shelagh approach an unexploded World War Two bomb is discovered in the area, requiring the residents to be evacuated to the working men's club, where the nurses take charge. Further anxiety is caused by a polio outbreak with the doctor's son Timothy among the victims but there are no fatalities and the bomb is detonated.
Gorgeous! I met a lady recently who was a midwife near the end of this period and she said it was exactly like that!Published 22 hours ago by jane antoniani
I have watched this programme each week but enjoyed it so much I just had to have the DVD so that I could watch it all again. So well acted and great stories.Published 1 month ago by Ms. D. M. BOYLE