This film was recommended to me by a friend that has a taste for... well let's just say "the exotic" when it comes to movies (one of his favorites is the movie Shortbus). Caffeine certainly fits into that genre.
The entire movie is set in an English cafe and is centered around the sex lives of it's employees and patrons (all of whom would certainly qualify as guests for the Jerry Springer show). We have, in no particular order:
* A young, quirky, hip staff - all of who are suffering with hangovers from an outing the night before
* A cook who just confessed to his girlfriend (and boss) that he recently had a threesome ("But they were twins, what could I do?") and then becomes obsessed with a condom wrapper that he finds in her office
* A sharp tongued waitress who brings her demented grandmother (who mistakes a diner for her ex-husband who she once caught wearing a "nappy" while being spanked by a prostitute and tries to shoot him with a shotgun) to work because it was her turn to watch her
* A customer who is being investigated for exposing himself to a 12 year old girl when in reality he was interrupted by her while he was engaged in public urination and simply forgot what he had in his hand
* His friend, an attorney who wears his finance's underwear while vacuuming and ironing at home ("well at least he cleans" a woman remarks)
* Two stoned patons, one who mistakes another customer for a porn star and the other who's ex-girlfriend just happens to be at that same cafe on the world's worst blind date
And still there is more. This is a frantically paced movie that kept me entertained for it's entire 88 minutes. Don't expect greatness but do expect to laugh.