Colour: Black/Green|Change

on 24 March 2014
I realized about a week before heading on the journey that American customs will and do open cases if needed too and the straps I had were for Europe.
Delivery was well within time estimated, my cases were no problem to find because of bright colour of straps.
I suggest that time it taken to read instructions properly or yes, they could come loose during journey, but NOT if set as per instruction leaflet.!

Well worth the money and piece of mind especially as I had a zip on my new (extra light) suitcase begin to pull out for homeward bound journey but the belt held it firm and it was in the same condition at Heathrow as when I parted with it in Miami.
They well and truly deserved the five stars but as stated read instructions and fit as stated. Jane
on 16 May 2015
I read some reviews saying that the strap can be loosened and taken off. The correct way to put the luggage strap is through the suitcase handle. Obviously if someone wanted to cut the strap then that's easy but its just a bit of extra protection, plus it makes it a lot easier to spot when arriving at your destination. The combination code is set to default 000 and you can change this with instructions provided (small slip inside). Would recommend if you are looking are extra security on your suitcase.
on 16 August 2014
These are great and really distinctivein design/colour so you can see your luggage really easily on the carousel.
We bought 5 of these a few years ago and the plastic strap broke on one of them.
So we have bought 2 more - One replacement and one spare.
The design is still the same but the brightness of the colour seems to be brighter.
My local taxi driver liked the look of them too when he took us to the airport - I've already emailed him the link on amazon :-)
on 15 March 2016
Because it can easily be widened and loosened, it's hard to see that this has any kind of security function as a general luggage strap, although as many people have pointed out, it does make your luggage easier to spot on the conveyor belt.

However, I wanted it specifically to secure one item, my hard-shell guitar case, and so I measured it to the exact size I needed and first superglued then stitched the strap to be exactly the size I need. It therefore secures my item, which I couldn't do before. Since I will only ever use it with this guitar case, I'm happy with it.

So, it would be 5 stars if you want it fixed at a specific length for something you could not otherwise lock, as I do, and in that sense I'm completely happy with it.

If you wanted it to identify your luggage then only 1 star, as it's far too expensive an alternative to a small ribbon.

If you want it for security in general on a range of bags, then 1 star would be too many.
on 31 August 2014
We purchased two of these straps, one green and one red. They are put together entirely differently. The green one was how you would expect a strap to be made but the red one is very different. I can understand the wide range of reviews as the red strap is not as well put together with the strap end material flapping about like a belt. As these are really only to be used to identify the cases and not as a true security device we are happy to keep both and so have given three stars. If you want a strap for security purposes then we wouldn't recommend as you may get one that is put together the wrong way.
on 19 April 2012
A rating of one star given because it was a strap and it did have a lock, but it is as much use as a chocolate teapot. The strap could be easily removed without touching the lock and in fact the strap could not be tightened enough to be of any use at all. The advertising bumf was very good and I fell for it hook line and sinker - It stated that special keys held at airports would allow customs access without damage and an indicator on the lock would inform you that access had been made using this key. This was what convinced me that the strap was designed to be a functioning security device, a further examination of the sales wording identified that 'Security' was never mentioned. I felt that the product was poorly designed and that I had been misled by the product description and I sent an e-mail to the supplier asking for their comments, as of yet I have had no reply.
I have bought many things through Amazon and this is the first time that I have bought rubbish and the first time I have not had a reply to an e-mail sent to the supplier.
on 23 November 2014
I bought this not for its security credentials (which could be overcome with a sharp knife if somebody wanted to get in), but for the splash of bright and contrasting colours. Stick it around your otherwise-dark coloured suitcase and suddenly you can spot it from 100 yards away in the airport.

With that in mind, it's a great product, well made, huge flexibility in the length and a reassuringly solid lock.
on 14 December 2015
Have used abroad and it fitted as expected. It was easy to set up my own password and easy to tighten and lock into position. I have only used for two flights and there were scruffing already on the plastic buckle.
Great value for the money and easy to spot my suitcase.
on 25 April 2015
It's always ultra tight when I put it on a collapsible bag but slack at other end at airport baggage pick up - could be the cabin pressure affecting bag and strap remains same......good quality and would be fine I expect on normal luggage ....so recommended
on 29 April 2012
Excellant product worth every penny. Felt a lot better putting this on my luggage knowing it was secure and no-one else knew my security number.People travelling with me asked where i had got it from and i was happy to recommend.

See one answered question