Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

• CRACK

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.62

on 28 November 2014
Fantastic book, i didn't just shed a few tears I actually cried my eyes out in some parts. (although I'm sure names have been changed) I can honestly say this is a 100% true story, brilliantly written.
on 17 June 2014
A detached, detailed and explicit insight into a young woman’s descent into various transgressive lifestyles - predominantly those of sex, drugs and crime. The spare narrative style fits well with the sense of dissociation and loss that Imara mentions in her introduction - also making it a fast-paced and enlivening read.
A fascinating, true-life description of worlds and events that most of us don’t experience.
on 21 July 2014
Essentially a very modern book, written with great honesty. The author pulls no punches and tells it as it is. I was initially confused as I thought this was a memoir, and I couldn't see how the main character was going to get out of the situation she was in. It was easy to get angry with her for her bad choices, but you can always see her goodness shining through. A little harrowing to read it takes you outside your comfort zone.
on 21 July 2014
Crack is one woman's relentless descent into depravity , an unbearable heaviness of being.oozing from the page.
The reader is left gasping for air as gritty eyed it blinks from a tawdry hotel room Deceit ,debasement and white smoke swirling round franticly .
Highly recommended
on 7 July 2014
I have to say this is a real roller coaster of a read and I was unable to put it down. I was transported from high spirits to the depths of despair page by page and I would recommend this book to anyone that is interested in total realism and all that comes with it!
on 18 June 2014
CRACK is one of the most gripping books I have read. At each interval, I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next. Modern, raw, and in-your-face, CRACK digs into the worlds of champagne hostessing and petty theft, and pulls out a glittering truth about our common humanity, even in the darkest places. From the juicy sex scenes to the warm friendships to the desolation of prison, Danielle brings the reader into those worlds she passed through, holding nothing back. If you want to get excited about reading again, try Danielle Imara’s CRACK.
on 13 October 2015
I really enjoyed this book and would have given it 5 stars as it was unputdownable, however I had to give it 4 stars as it just ended really unexpectedly & I was left feeling like something was missing
on 12 July 2014
The human spirit and the very nature of survival permeates through this book, this life, this person, evokes humanity despite meeting some of humankind's less than savoury ambassadors.
This is not a hard luck story, but a person that for whatever reason has chosen a path that is brutal, uncompromising, encompassing vivid detail and strangely beguiling.
To write a life leaving out the 'bad' bits would of left this a very slim book, what we have is unshakeable honesty, raw, caring, hoping and though the drug intake would put the boys from Aerosmith to shame, what is clear is, if you have a miniscule spark of hope, it can pervade, it can shine through and best of, it can influence.
Warts and all, is much over used phrase for critics of books, but this is the real thing and for being brutally frank, we are given a great insight to the human psyche and an understanding of why people live their lives the way they do. Well written in an entertaining way,despite its subject matter, that avoids feeling sorry for itself and grabs life by the balls (literally)!!
on 21 August 2014
I read this in one sitting. Imara presents us with her gripping, funny, frightening and absorbing true life story with a refreshing and at times shocking candour. With her twisted tender heart Imara gives us a fascinating insight into the sleazy underbelly of a certain Soho world and lifestyle. Crack is totally addictive, I want more!
on 30 April 2015
Diana as the author called herself throughout the book was a champagne waitress at a gents club aka prostitute . Already into drugs would have liked to have heard more about her earlier life. S h e moves into a new apartment forewarned about a troublesome neighbour but get involved with her and her child, friends and much heavier drugs . Crime ,drugs and a boyfriend lead to addiction and prison. Escort prostitution. Ends with drug suicides if friends. Interesting to read what happens next