Customer Discussions > Medal of Honor (PS3) forum

COD or Medal Of Honour?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jan 2010 13:56:55 GMT
Andrew Hood says:
I've never played a medal of honour game but i've played COD and i really like it. Has anyone played medal of honour b4? Is it good? Is it worth buying?

Posted on 5 Feb 2010 11:55:49 GMT
J. Dickerson says:
When the series first started, it kicked CODs butt. Hell, even when the first COD came out, Medal of Honour was superior. Though as MoH declined in quality, COD increased.
However, this new one is a reboot of sorts, with DICE doing the multiplayer. Will it be an Allied Assault or an Airbourne? No-one knows.

Posted on 8 Feb 2010 14:53:38 GMT
D. Antrobus says:
Its not out yet so you cant compare but medal of honour was the daddy for years and years, so hopefully they will be back with a cracker.EA sports are massive and i feel all this hype so early is good and we could be on for a classic as someone else needs to stir the giants of multiplayer war games so fingers croosed its gonna be a belter,the more people doing games like this the better !...peace..

Posted on 14 Feb 2010 19:50:16 GMT
Klis says:
Erm.... Medal of Honor was the original game and CoD spawned out of it.

Dreamworks Interactive, now formally known as EA Los Angeles created MOH back in 1999. But due to creative differences a number of the development team split off and formed Infinity Ward (The original creators of Call of Duty in 2003). However, Infinity Ward were previously known as 2015, a subsidiary of Dreamworks. They created the best MOH game in the series (imo) Medal of Honor: Allied Assault in 2002. Call of Duty being the next in the series.

In my opinion, after MOH:AA and the 2015/IW break away, DWinc/EA'LA's Medal of Honor series took a plunge into the deep and has never really recovered, where as the CoD series hasn't stopped hitting its climatic high!

With that said, having seen the new trailer, it does look pretty awesome and could finally be the game which revitalises the series once and for all and create some competition for CoD.

I loved all the CoD games up until MW2 :(
But I have always been a BF fan, though it can be unrealistic at times (can be said for all games, mind you :P) so hopefully with DICE's input on this project it will be the ultimate gaming experience to date! :D

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 20:04:17 GMT
Kevin says:
MoH is the best the only reason people moved on to COD is because they started doing modern combat games instead of ones set in world wars like the ones before. This new product is sure to be a winner i have Pre-ordered it and I know its gunna kick MW2s butt

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2010 20:49:09 BDT
Kevin says:
yea i have played both. back in the days of ps2 medal of honour was the better game but then cod was just that little bit better. when moh comes out you will find that most of the 12 year old kids will stick with cod but the people who know how to play video games will buy it.

Posted on 26 Apr 2010 03:06:00 BDT
Medal of honour was good but the more you play them the more you get fustrated at the fact that it's always about Americans, as if they were the only country in the war.

Posted on 3 Jun 2010 14:16:13 BDT
Adrian says:
COD is for little kids/noobs

Posted on 14 Jun 2010 12:56:34 BDT
I have played al the MOH games. they are the only ones i would play more than once. My fave was MOH Rising Sun, played three times, won't get rid of it. such varied scenariose.g Pearl harbour, village fighting, jungle play, even hit the Japs on an elephant! I could be wrong , I think British Forces get a look in, not all how Yanks won the war on their own. I shall pre order the new MOH and, as a pensioner, look forward to wasting the rest of my life fighting Afghans. How sad is this.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 11:58:04 BDT
Details to follow later today here - stay tuned!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2010 17:35:27 BDT
tony soprano says:
I thought this was a discussion not a forum of CHILDISH comments

Posted on 30 Jul 2010 22:57:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jul 2010 22:59:26 BDT
datamunkey says:
The original MoH games were great but soon the linear nature of them became a little boring. The original CoD sets where amazing; realistic, gritty and the MP was spot on. As CoD moved to MW the game lost it's original spirit and although MW1 was still good fun it was no longer the raw, visceral experience of the original CoD (1 & 2). MW2 completely lost it and has moved away to become so slick and polished you might as well be playing unreal - too fast, not strategic at all and jumpers and tubers all over (the PC server run experience where you could mod servers to tactical kept this alive for me but with MW2 all this was lost).

Will the new MoH manage to bring back the old skool experience of BF and the original CODs and finally lose that linear all American conquering run? Who knows - the closest I've come to that recently is Bad Company 2 but still not quite right - who knows, maybe I'm just becoming like a typical old man who always believes that it is never as good as in their day. The original CoD MP on PC - now that was the dogs.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2010 13:23:25 BDT
the original MOHs were mint it was the first shooter i ever played, it was realistic and the atmosphere combined worked well, the downside which i think is the reason for MOD failing is that it was biost, it just had american campaigns which made some people think that it was just america that one the war which definately isint true, i think the brits should get a mention in the next MOH as it would litten it up with new guns, perks and vehicles, but still this next MOH looks 10 times better than MW2 and MW3 combined the graphics, gameplay, realism and atmosphere look amazing and with dice doing the multiplayer its going to raise the game up a nouch, COD have got some real competition, CANT WAIT!

Posted on 8 Aug 2010 15:21:21 BDT
I liked MW2 single player (extremely short as it was) though what let it down for me was the lack of decent co-op. Two player maps were severley limiting and apart from getting three stars had no real 'goal'. I am after a game that has multi co-op like Rainbow Siz Las Vegas, where at least you could build your character. What i like about MW2 was the auto/help aim, great for average players like me. I wonder if MoD has anything similar?

Posted on 11 Aug 2010 09:43:52 BDT
Dickycritch says:
I played the BETA of MOH and it was better than COD in my opinion, then again, i am not a massive fan of COD anyway.

Posted on 9 Jan 2011 17:16:27 GMT
i dont think moh is that good because it is to realistic in everything u do i like cod because it balances out the realistic part of things and the virtualism of the game
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  15 Jan 2010
Latest post:  9 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Medal of Honor (PS3)
Medal of Honor (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (82)