on 15 May 2014
I ordered two of these cables to replace a dodgy Samsung S3 charge cable that occasionally would not charge the phone battery fully, and never quite held a stable data connection. They arrived promptly with good packaging, both cables were of around 2m length and had a fairly decent build quality.

On the "overnight charge" test however, they failed utterly, only managing to push the battery from 5% to an astounding 46%. In about 8 hours. Electric cars charge faster than that. I'm convinced wiring a small dynamo to my hamster's wheel would result in better overnight charging than this.

A bit of investigation gave some telling answers: on my old S3 charge cable, I would get an average of 200mA, which was usually enough to charge the battery overnight if the cable was having a good day. On my partner's Sony charge cable, I could get a whopping and very steady 1000mA, giving full charge in a matter of an hour or so. With both of the cables I received from this seller, I got a meagre 100mA. This makes them entirely unfit for charging phone batteries, unless you have an inordinate amount of time to do so.

Trying to connect it to PC is just as futile: the cable appears to take data, but only as the cable is being inserted or removed. This implies that the internal wiring is just short of making a proper circuit when the plug is fully in the socket, and is an indication of actual poor build quality. Neither cable I received could establish a proper data connection, though they briefly provided 466mA of charge for a few minutes before dropping back down to their usual drudge of 100mA.

Both cables are therefore immediate return-to-sender. They are not fit for charging phones nor data connectivity. Avoid.
on 5 May 2014
The cable is long, and seems sturdy with good build quality.
If used to operate devices, should be just fine. If your major use is charging, get another one. Charging is very slow with this one.
on 10 June 2011
This was a bargain and way cheaper than the branded equivalent. Also appears more sturdy than my original cable, worth a purchase as a replacement or as a spare to keep by your computer or in the car to charge with. Arrived promptly and was well packaged.
on 7 June 2014
At the price, this is great value for money. About 3 feet long, I was quite impressed by the quality of the plugs, which are at least as good as the quality of the Amazon Basics.

Useful to have a charge cable at the office as well as at home.

Highly Recommended.
on 23 June 2014
Don't even bother buying one, I'll tell you now that these cables are trash. Arrived very quickly after I ordered, it was either the earliest estimated day or actually the day before, which was nice. Managed to charge my Nexus 4 ridiculously slowly a couple of times before the cable just stopped working and it wouldn't charge. Tried to take the cable out of my plug adapter and the cable came clean out leaving the USB head in the plug and the wires hanging out of the end of the cable. I feel like I can't even complain since it was so cheap but I at Ieast expected to receive a working product.
on 3 July 2014
I received the USB charger cable but it failed to provide any current; when I connected it to a USB plug to the main socket there was barely any current coming through; I measured it with an app and, the few times that it happened, I could see 100mA (and it should be 1000mA) or, most of the times, none at all.
They were very kind and sent me a replacement straight-away, but it failed again. I am sure both my phone and my plug work fine because I tested the phone with different plugs and cables and I can definitely receive 1000mA.
They offered to refund if I returned the item, but it would cost me more the stamp and envelope than the refund itself, so didn't bother with it.

All in all, kind and polite customer service but useless cable!
on 9 October 2014
I purchased this charger to replace the stock one for my Kindle Fire 7". Currently I have only used it for a few days but It works exactly the same as my other cable, but it is slightly longer. I have had no troubles with charging or data transfer so far. The cable does look slightly cheap but it functions as designed. It is a very good product for it's price.

Edit:
After some more use, it seems that this cable is useless. I left it to charge for a night and it only charged 10%, in roughly 12 hours! It cannot sustain charging while being used. The data transfer is not too bad though, but as I bought it to replace my other one, it is useless.
This is a really cheap, but quite widely useable, charger/sync cable.

When I bought it, it was 'billed' as more specific for HTC. But I soon found out that it was not limited to that at all.
The specification now lists many more compatible devices, and I have no reason to doubt those.

I don't even have a HTC phone anymore, but I still use the cable regularly.

If you want a good, cheap cable that works on many Android devices, then this should be fine for you.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
Thanks for reading it.
on 6 April 2014
arrived promptly
packaging a bit iffy
plugged into my tablet mini usb loose connection
switched on , no power or data transfer
disappointed and asked for refund
still waiting
on 17 October 2013
Charged my wifes tablet with this.She took it out of the tablet in the morning and it fell apart in her hands.Was only 80p so didn't bother complaining but very poor quality.