- Paperback: 330 pages
- Publisher: Wordware Publishing Inc. (1 Feb. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1556222270
- ISBN-13: 978-1556222276
- Product Dimensions: 22.8 x 1.9 x 17.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,158,106 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
CGI Filmmaking: The Creation of "Ghost Warrior": The Creation of "Ghost Warrior" (Wordware Game Developments): The Creation of "Ghost Warrior" Paperback – 1 Feb 2004
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book is a 'topographical map' for other animators who dreaming of making their own short films, but feel constrained by the perceived limitations of budget and/or manpower. Included is a detailed exploration of the process through pre-production, production and post-production: design, scripting, storyboarding, voice casting/recording, animation, and musical scoring/performance. Part 'art-of', part 'how-to', this book explores how one artist created a feature-quality, 22-minute animated film in six months of production. From concept, design, scripting, and storyboarding to modelling, lighting, animating, editing, and distribution, every step is outlined, every solution is documented.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Timothy Albee's book 'The Creation of Ghost Warrior' is simply an inspirational book to anyone who has ever wanted to make their own CGI film. Not only does he go through what software he uses, how he uses it, and why he did certain things, but he also coaches you on things like acting, timing, scriptwriting, how to be as efficient as possible in your production and so on. Timothy not only is showing the world that HE absolutely can make a Hollywood calibre film for an independent budget, but he's showing you how YOU can do it too. Instead of giving you 1000+ pages of fluff, each page is distilled down to the most important information. You don't finish a chapter and feel like it was a big waste of time - it's obvious that he puts as much care in writing books as he does in creating animation. Even when I was reading about a subject I already have experience with, I felt like I came away learning a new perspective on it. This book goes hand in hand with his other 2: Essential Lightwave 7.5 and Lightwave 7 Character Animation. You will not regret buying this book.
Also recommended: Essential Lightwave 7.5, Lightwave 7 Character Animation, Inside Lightwave 8, Lightwave 8 1001 Tips and Tricks, Dynamic Character Drawing
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I especially recommend this book to people who are just starting in the business, or are looking for a break in.
Albee's film, "Kaze: Ghost Warrior" has drawn some critisism from other animators. However, the film is, in fact, very impressive. You would be hard pressed to find productions of comperable quality on television and in many movies. And as Albee created the film entirely on his own, and in less than half the time and one tenth the cost as it would take a team of animators from any current computer animation production studio, it's easy to see why certain folks at ILM are jealous.
This book teaches you, the average person, how to do the same thing. And in terms that don't require a degree in computer teminology. If you are interested in animating your own productions, this book is simply the best.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Genres
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Animation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Direction & Production
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Television > TV Genres > Animation