Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Sep 2012 11:00:46 BDT
F. Snoeren says:
Just got informed by Amazon that my CE order got delayed. Estimated ETA is now October 1st. That's odd since it's in stock right now according to the website itself. That's the downside of ordering at Amazon I guess. One will try to save a few quid and end up with the game a week later.

I ordered at September 11 for the ones interested. Should be plenty of time you'd say...

Did anyone else experience this too? Or did anyone actually get their CE today?

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 11:15:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2012 11:17:58 BDT
N. M. Murphy says:
I got mine this morning, I had First Class postage. I preordered mine on the 16th of August.

Amazon have messed me around with preorders before (notably Cataclysm, where the standard ed I had preordered for my brother arrived on launch day but not my CE...), it is very frustrating. I gave them another chance but it would seem Amazon are probably not the best choice for this type of game launch. I can't believe they put off informing you about the delay until now!

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 12:04:12 BDT
F. Snoeren says:
Very odd indeed, at least you have your CE. I don't need it straight away, but getting it a week later is a bit of a bummer. Yea the information stream coming from Amazon lacks heavily. If they would have informed me 1 or 2 days infront I could have ordered it somewhere else and still got it on time.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 12:53:55 BDT
Am very impressed with Amazon as my CE of Mists of Pandaria arrived today on standard free delivery. Most impresse.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 13:53:41 BDT
Emerson says:
October 1st?! That's a bit annoying indeed. I got the CE too, and whereas I was initially told it would arrive on the 26th September, it actually got here today, the 25th. As some have said in other discussions, Amazon is probably not the best thing to rely on for this kind of thing, a bit of bad luck, and yeah, you get a ridiculous amount of delay, which, in this case, is annoying. On the flip side, if you're on a high-populated server, you'll certainly skip the frustration of trying to level up on the first 2-3 days, as the zones are packed! And most likely miss out all those toons with their mounts on top of quest givers, which is also a good thing. Hope you get yours soon, anyway.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 14:01:01 BDT
G. Lake says:
Mine is being delivered by a company called HDNL and it's been in transit from half 8 this morning and it's currently 2pm. Royal Mail have came and went with their deliveries and my last collectors edition order for any game was mailed using Royal Mail. I feel like I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer before I get my delivery :(

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2012 14:51:16 BDT
Ponyo says:
Totally not happy. My Collector's edition is also being delivered by HDNL and the last update on the tracking system was just over 3 hours ago. Never had these issues with Royal Mail and previous warcraft collectors editions.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 15:20:09 BDT
G. Lake says:
I now have been waiting an another 1hr and 18 minutes and I've had no extra reports/updates or deliveries from HDNL.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2012 15:29:00 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Sep 2012 15:42:26 BDT]

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 15:49:31 BDT
Emerson says:
I'm pretty sure mine was delivered by UPS. It got here - Ireland, mind you - at 09:30, and I could see log entries of the parcel all the way since it left the wherehouse and was flying all the way until here. Depends on the company doing the delivery, I guess.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 17:24:26 BDT
Still waiting for mine. Been on the HDNL van since this morning. I pre-ordered this over a month ago, and paid for release day delivery.

This just isn't good enough. They should have been delivered yesterday ready for the midnight launch. Feels like we are being punished for spending more money on the special edition.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 21:00:30 BDT
Lone Wolf says:
Still Waiting for Mine. Pre-Ordered a month ago, and I am an Amazon Prime Member, and expected order to reach me today (on release day).

I Am Annoyed, I know others who have pre-ordered from other stores and have recieved theres by 8:30am in the morning. Yet, I do not mind recieving the order later in the day, but not recieving it on the day of release, defeats the whole point of pre-order, thus a pre-order is where you get the order on the day of release, otherwise what is the point. 95% of the time, Amazon are a very good place to buy things and I am a very loyal customer to Amazon, but it is these occurances that really annoy me, it should have been despatched before release day and not on it, espicially for those who have ordered a month before.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 21:42:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2012 21:45:41 BDT
D. Chambers says:
My CE copy was purchased (Pre-Ordered) on 26 July 2012.

Also ordered the same day was 4 standard copies.

Dispatch was 24th September .. as expected.

Tracker states loaded onto van @ 7:35 AM today 25th Sept.

The Depot is just 11 miles from my home.

Phoned H D N L late this afternoon, on hold for 20 mins at 10p per minute, and was a little taken aback when the operator said hello and I had reached YODEL.

I gave my Tracking Number and after some questions I got what I guess is the stock reply ..

It is with the courier now sir and they deliver till 9pm.

Yes sir, it will be delivered today ..
END QUOTE

It is now 9:30 PM .. been waiting since 7:30AM ..

14 sodding hours.

You all know what I am gonna say next, it is NOT HERE.

Tomorrow, 26th Sept, I will have to pay the sitter I have just arranged so that there is someone here to take delivery.

I can't be here because I have to take an ambulance trip to hospital for my on-going cancer treatment, and no, I can't re-arrange it because I already did that, from 25th >> 26th Sept..

My personal message to Amazon, is that they should get rid of HDNL / YODEL / WHATEVER ELSE THEY CALL THEMSELVES.

They are giving Amazon a bad Name / Reputation.

And they are giving your customers second thoughts about making purchases from you.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 12:58:47 BDT
Words can not discribe how angry i am at amazon. I am still without my CE and it doesnt look like its coming today as the royal mail (said they were only sending it 1st class no tracking number) has already gone. I am so angry. Grr.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 13:17:08 BDT
Larzs says:
On flip side my CE arrived at 12:19 25th Sept, for the note - I live 3000km away from UK.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 19:17:08 BDT
J. Wilson says:
the amount of trouble i had with HDNL over getting this game has forced me to stop using amazon from now on , theyre a poor deliverer and ill be issuing them and HDNL with formal complaints about their shipping standards in the next few days, i would strongly recommend people from using their service if you require the game next day. ( i used amazon prime and it took them 2 days to deliver)

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 20:15:05 BDT
F. Snoeren says:
Note that I did order from the UK while being based in NL. Normally it's sent straight away and it arrives one or two days later. That would have been ok. A whole week would have been a bit too much.

Just got word however that my package is sent out. And by the looks of it it will be delivered Thursday... tomorrow! Not too bad at all I guess...
Still, this goes to everyone, don't go for the CE if you want to play on the first minute ;) (Unless you buy it digitally).

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 20:47:58 BDT
Lone Wolf says:
I am a Very Frequent Amazon User and Have Paid extra for Amazon Prime. I pre-ordered this game a month ago and I did not expect such poor service, well on the delivery side away. I believe it was to be delivered on the day of release since I am a prime member and ordered one month before release. However, it was despatched late and was due to be delivered today. Today came and went, I got an estimated delivery time range, waited in all day, no delivery.

And to top it off, the stupid delivery service, claimed that they had attempted to deliver to my address, what absolute rubbish; I was sitting next to the door and I have a dog who barks at anyone who knocks/goes near the front door. No delivery card was left, obviously as they didn't attempt delivery in the first place.

I then tried to call Amazon to see what was going on and the customer service was poor, they couldn't get hold of the couriers and even when they did, they asked me "what colour was my door", the oldest trick in the book, the delivery driver claimed to try to deliver, by he DID NOT ATTEMPT DELIVER. So now, I have to travel all the way over to my depot (not close to where I live) to collect my order tomorrow which is two days late.

Lesson to be learned, Amazon are great most of the time for regular orders, BUT DO NOT PRE-ORDER FROM AMAZON, its more hassle than it's worth, even if you're trying to save a few pounds, it's not worth increased stress levels waiting by in all day for a parcel which never arrives. I am exceedingly frustrated and I wish Amazon would use better delivery services as it puts a dampen on their usually very good reputation. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to play this game, after travelling MILES to the Depot. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 22:15:18 BDT
Recieved mine at about 7pm this evening!

Quoting Ryan Potter:

'And to top it off, the stupid delivery service, claimed that they had attempted to deliver to my address, what absolute rubbish; I was sitting next to the door and I have a dog who barks at anyone who knocks/goes near the front door. No delivery card was left, obviously as they didn't attempt delivery in the first place'

EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday (Including the barking dog!). What on earth is going on with HDNL?!

I used to swear by Amazon. Now I'm having second thoughts about all the othe pre-orders I've made.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  25 Sep 2012
Latest post:  26 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Collector's Edition (PC DVD) by Blizzard (Windows 7)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (63)