I CANT WAIT till this book comes out!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Jun 2010 10:18:28 BDT
L. Woods says:
.....so I can stop trying to explain to people how I am finally losing the weight!! My friends are not scientists and I lose my patience very quickly trying to explain. They think its another fad diet (even tho I'm a biologist...I dont DO fad diets.) I am going to buy quite a few copies of this book. THANKS GARY!!

Posted on 20 Oct 2010 16:02:20 BDT
I can't help but feeling that my impression of him as a missionary to expose the bad science in diet, is somehow undermined by releasing a book a couple of days after Christmas! A cynic would say that he has lost his halo as a saviour, and started to cash in on people's desire to lose weight just after Christmas.

However, if page 1 says, "Do not buy a subscription to a gym in the new year because exercise will only make you fatter", then my faith will be restored!

Hopefully this will sell better in the UK than The Diet Delusion (which was probably the most ground-breaking book in the history of our understanding of diet). I knew a lot of this stuff when I was studying O level biology (how different macronutrients were processed), but I was swept along with the 'fat is bad' message of the early 1980s like everyone else.

If anyone gets to hear of him giving a talk in the UK, post a message here as I'd love to see/meet him and shake his hand.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2010 16:00:05 BDT
Roxie says:
You might like to read "Trick and Treat" by Barry Groves. The message you want to see about joining a gym may not be on Page 1, but it's in there!

Posted on 5 Dec 2010 17:40:47 GMT
Chris says:
Check out his blog: http://www.garytaubes.com/blog/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  18 Jun 2010
Latest post:  5 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It (Rough Cut)
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It (Rough Cut) by Gary Taubes (Hardcover - 1 Jan. 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (229)