Another brilliant military space romp from Evan Currie only let down by two things. Firstly it's relatively short and the cover of the book is rubbish and reminiscent of the worst kind of military SF. To someone new to Currie they may think the same and that would be a pity given the utter excellence of Currie's writing.

Anyway we have a tense meeting of Earth and the Alliance worlds at a space station filled with terrorists, politicians, soldiers, aliens and secret police. The story builds up nicely to Currie's usual full on ending but not forgetting to flesh out the characters and the storyline fully.

To be honest I really do think that Currie is about the best SF writer of action currently active today. He is a brilliant find and I heartily recommend him.
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2014
A change of emphasis this time from 'hot' to 'cold' war but this in no way diminishes Evan's excellent story telling. There is plenty of action both cerebral and down and dirty with more alien races involved than you can shake a stick at, always remembering that to other aliens, we are alien!
Thoroughly enjoyed this latest offering by probably the best currently active military sci-fi writer. Please do read the earlier books in the series before starting this one, otherwise you may find the relationships rather difficult to pick up on.
on 13 May 2014
The previous books have been very well thought through, so I expected, as usual in Evan Currie books, for this to continue. I have to say that this episode was a tiny bit below par, almost as if Evan was pausing slightly to catch his breath. Nonetheless, it was a good read with a well thought out plot and hopefully Evan will return to his usual top form with the next episode.
on 6 May 2014
Rip roaring adventure, the others in the series have a broader brush but this one does set things up nicely for the next few books.

A few typos that would slightly detract from the story if not for the daft low price.

Oh and bonus points for creating such a huge alien universe for our imagination to play in :-)
on 27 June 2015
While I wasn't sure how this story would play out, I'm happy to see it kept me enthralled from beginning to end! Great characterisation, plot and intrigue and some impressive understanding of gravitational physics and theoretical science. You certainly did your homework Mr Currie! Thanks for the continued series!
on 15 August 2015
So glad to see the return of Sorilla Aida. Unfortunately, it was so long since I'd read the last book I had to re-read the other 3 books to get everything back in context and remind myself of the characters. This story could go a long way and it seems as though Kriss and Sorilla will meet up yet again.
on 5 February 2015
A good end to a great series of space adventure .I started with book one in the series and couldn't stop reading all five books in two weeks is a record for me and a testament to a great writer up there with Clive cussler,and Wilbur Smith.
on 3 September 2014
I don't feel it is as good as the previous books in the series, but that is probably more because it has moved from action to intrigue for this novel. Hopefully back to the old style for the next in the series.
on 12 May 2014
More thought put into this cold war arc. There is less action, if you have read all previous books and liked them then you might find this a little slow to start, but keep reading it gets better.
on 27 June 2014
Each book just keeps on at the same great level. A high level of writing style, combine with a great storyline makes this one of my favourite series that I can't wait for the next book!