Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

But when, oh when will we get the book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Apr 2008 10:34:13 BDT
Lupo says:
The fans of his first two books are getting older quickly. Will young Christopher finish before they lose interest (moving on to literature perhaps...). Certainly I know one young person who has lost patience and is quite fed up with the interminable wait and pushed-back publication dates. T

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2008 21:15:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2008 18:03:49 BDT
Mrs. SJC says:
september 20th - brisngr. Hopefully since he had to split the 3rd book into 2 books the fourth will be out in time for christmas/early next year. I am 15 (14 when I started eragon) (using my mums account) just finished reading both for the 4th time. But if the fourth isn't out by the time I am 17 I might lose intrest aswell. I know he's new to the author world but taking 3 years to write a book isn't exactly great.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2008 13:25:33 BDT
i have to say that i read eragon when it first came out, however long ago that was.. and i'm still a fan!
brisingr will be coming out just after my 21st birthday, and i can say now it will be impossible for me not to read the last book too!
i am an avid reader, and get through a lot of fantasy books, so for me to say his books are a fantastic addition to my collection says a lot (i have a fair amount, and mainly fantasy!) and i'll be reading them for years to come!
then again, i still keep up with several series that are aimed at children that i read during my teens and still read the new books; garth nix being a prime example (the keys to the kingdom series) of this.
i think when it comes down to it, things depends on the person, and your own opinion of the book in question when you first read it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 18:45:11 BDT
Mother Bird says:
Well I'm over 60 and would like to read the final two books before I die *:(

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 16:55:24 BDT
Books should not be judged on how old you are when they came out or how old you will be when the last one is released. If you enjoy a book it's timeless and so it should be. I am a parent and i read Chronicles of Narnia and Chronicles of Prydain to my kids and enjoy them just as much as they do. My husband is the only one in the family who has actually read Eragon and Eldest and loved them.

Don't judge it by it's release date just as much as you shouldn't judge it by it's cover.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2008 09:30:26 BDT
H. Abdulla says:
Hi buddy,

What other fantasy books can you recomend to me? Wile i wait for this one to come out?! lol
I have just started getting into fantasy so need your advise.. thanks
Mase

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2008 11:31:41 BDT
Well as fantasy goes one of the best out there is a book called Magician by Raymond E Feist. Though be warned I got that book on my 18th birthday and am still reading Raymond books almost 4 years later.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2008 20:41:46 BDT
feist fan says:
magician by raymond e feist starts the best collection of books i have ever read. I have in my possession 18 books to date and another 3 he wrote with jany wurts. i have also got into the dragonlance books, but only the ones by weiss and hickman. there is just too many to read. if you do read the dragonlance series keep a look out for tasselhoff burfoot, the kender. excellent character. there is a lot of good books out there but i think these are the best.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2008 16:37:41 BDT
Angel C-D says:
I'm 24 and i love this series! I don't think you can ever get too old to read these books, thats like putting an age limit on books like Harry Potter and LOTR.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2008 23:56:34 BDT
Snake says:
Raymond is the best fantasy author, i started reading his books when i was 13 - and here i am many years later still as avid as when i first picked up Magician (admittedly it took me 3 attempts to get into it, at that age it was heavy duty stuff).

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2008 06:47:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2008 06:52:59 BDT
Try to start Katharine Kerr's Deverry cycle. Thirteen books so far(?) with the final one due shortly (Assuming that the author's health permits)

I've enjoyed them all thoroughly, but you have to be very careful to keep the various(multiple) identities and timelines in your view

You could also try the "Oath of Swords" "Sword Brother" & "Wind Rider's Oath" series (David Weber IIRC)

I agree with those above who do not conform to an age limit for reading Fantasy (I'm 61 and growing old disgracefully)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2008 14:17:05 BDT
Sam says:
go for the dune!

they're wel good!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2008 17:28:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Aug 2008 17:31:03 BDT
Speaking for myself, no impossible. Speaking for everybody else, well it is fit for grown ups as well.

And even thought somebody loses interest there will always be new readers in the ages to come.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2008 21:13:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Aug 2008 21:15:59 BDT
I think Eragon and Eldest are the best books ever and I am 11(mum's account), although I can't say that much...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2008 06:42:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2008 06:42:35 BDT
Shantimar says:
An author is not a machine. He or she has to give something worthy, and editors (and fans!) pushing him/her to respect a schedule can actually do much harm. A book needs polishing, rewriting and rewriting again, letting it lie for some weeks and then looking at it again with fresh eyes, and you find out the weak spots, or the solution to some puzzling problem. It's supposed to be art - OK, these popular genres less so, they're not Hemingway or anything, but to do it respectably, you have to pretend it's art. I'd rather wait a bit more and get a great book than have it on time and find out it was a poor, batched up thing. It can ruin an author's reputation (not to mention income) for good.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2008 18:39:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Sep 2008 18:41:30 BDT
Miss DeeDee says:
some of the following authors are definatley worth investigating as their fantasy worlds are timeless. Age doesnt matter when it comes to reading, all you need is your imagination and the author to guide you on your journey.

Garth Nix = Abhorsen trilogy = I really enjoyed this
Trudi Canavan = The Black Magicians trilogy / The Age of Five = Both these trilogys I Loved the 1st on is my Fav
JR Ward = Black Dagger Brotherhood = this is just one of the best series I have ever read Love it.

Hope you find something to enjoy
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  21 Apr 2008
Latest post:  9 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Brisingr
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (Hardcover - 30 Sept. 2008)
4.2 out of 5 stars (264)