TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 September 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all I am glad this software install on Mac as well as Windows and Linux.
We have a small business and even though we already use an accounting package, I wanted to try this out and see if it offers me anything new and if it's easier to manage my day-to-day accounts. In my first step of bookkeeping and using this software I immediately found it was allot easier to navigate and set-up my accounts and tracking of suppliers. I was truly shocked at how quickly I could do this. My last package took me 5 times as long. So far so good...!

I hit a snag when I was attempting to upload all my previous supplier details, so I rang the hotline and within 5 minutes with the tech support person I had it sorted. He even told me how to set things up and do things easier and I was a happy man by now. The support person was brilliant and friendly, he seemed extremely technical and knew exactly what I wanted to do. he also pointed me out to the forums where there is a wealth of information.

The other nice feature this edition has is the automated transactions, it may sound daunting, but it makes my life a whole lot easier. It all was setup quickly and was a doodle. I now have all my transactions setup automatically and the software keeps a running total and details. A big weight off my shoulders, really is.

The best thing about the software is the filters and the ability to modify the fields and have short-cuts setup to make things so much easier to use.

I've had a instance benefit from this package and from now on I will be only using this software. You can purchase the extra modules like Budgeting + Forecasting, which I ended up purchasing and downloading. This gives me the ability to add forecast for my monthly out-goings etc. Something, I needed desperately, but it all works very well.

The interface is brilliant and easy and I even my wife can start using this software(and she hates accounts).
This software will definetly keep my accountant happy as the reports it generates are very good and also make his life easier.

5 out of 5, there is no doubting this software, it does what it says and more. Any small or medium size business should use this software and forget Sage or Quickbooks. This is possibly the most efficient and best Accounts package to have and I've used Sage and Quickbooks Pro.
VINE VOICEon 20 October 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Before you are put off by the high price, just take a look at what this superb software package can do for your business. I apologise for cutting and pasting the specs, but it is a much easier way of seeing what this software has to offer than reading through pages of technical jargon:-

Manages Suppliers
Design and print purchase orders
Tracks Bills
Nominal Ledger
Accountant ready reports
European, US, Canadian, Australian and South African VAT Rates
Free lifetime forum support

I have used Accountz software for accounting purposes for several years now, and Enterprise is the best version so far. Not only does it perform all of the tasks well, but it gives superlative results that a professional accountant would be proud of. Unlike some of the other accounting packages available, it is much more user friendly, although it may take a little time to familiarise yourself with all the functions available. As usual, there's great on-line support from members of the Accountz forum, as well as back up from Accountz themselves. Fully capable of running the accounts of a medium to large company, and certainly a lot cheaper than paying for external services. The one downside I have found is that the program does seem to use a fair bit of disk space, and with other applications open runs a little slower than I would have liked. Apart from that, it's difficult to find fault with it at all. Since using (first Accountz Pro, and now) Enterprise, I have been able to dispense with the services of my own accountant, saving many hundreds of pounds each year in the process. I can highly recommend Enterprise, and reassure anybody who may be worried about handling their own company accounts.
VINE VOICEon 10 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This actually makes managing your accounts for novices an absolute doddle. I found this easy to install and set up and once the initial information is entered keeping it up to date is very simple. The interface is understandable and the whole package is perfect to manage a small business. The best part of the whole deal I have found is the free help included - you can call and be talked through any problems you encounter which has been really useful and no matter how small or silly the issue might seem they're very knowledgable on their product so it's piece of mind that even if you are an accounts novice like me you can purchase this knowing you're not alone!! So far i've had no issues with it slowing my computer down and ive been impressed at it's accuracy and easy mangement.
Highly recommended, It might not be the obvious brand choice but it is value for money and easy to use!
on 3 October 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are 3 types of this software, basic, enterprise and professional. Each gets more involved than the last. Enterprise being the middle set will probably be applicable to the majority of users, competent but not completely into each and every little thing to do with the business. This software helps you keep your books straight. My friend who has only in this past couple of weeks opened a cosmetics shop in the Blackburn town centre has helped me trail this product. One of the main things we have found useful is the ability to create an invoice but not `complete it', say for example someone orders stock from you on a Monday but may confirm later in the week further stock, instead of generating duplicate invoices and extra work you can leave that invoice open. You then go back and complete when you know the order has been fulfilled. This also means you can generate invoices as you go and not have a stack of orders to get through come months end or whenever you decide to tally your books.
Your suppliers can each have a file and this is actively linked to their contact details, with my friend it's easier to list suppliers by what they sell, ie: hair pieces, you only have to open the file and all the contact details etc are there. Like the invoices you can create orders and leave them `open' until you have completed your order, this is good because you can open it in the morning and finalise it at night or the next week n fact whenever you know you have requested everything you need. It' very organic, there isn't one thing you do that you have to complete on the spot. Good for flexibility and making sure you haven't made any mistakes before saving.
You can track your credit by checking your suppliers file and it will you give you an up to date view of your credit line, handy for those times when you are not 100% sure what' left in the kitty. They can have dates on them of when to pay by to keep your assets liquid for as long as possible only pay out on the dates you need to. My entrepreneurial friend finds this idea very re-assuring, it's keeping money in her pocket and also keeps her out of trouble.
I tell you what I was surprised at, my friend has windows 7 and her friend that does her books has a Mac book, I envisioned all sorts of problems without the files being able to be read etc but no, it was fluid and transitional, easy peasey.
* Manage suppliers
* Design and print purchase orders
* Track bills
* Instant VAT returns
* Exports to spreadsheets
* Accountant ready reports
* Free lifetime forum support
It does all that and more. The software is not baffling, my friend was very nervous at first because of the impressive nature of the software she thought it would be out of her reach to use it properly but as time goes on and she tinkers with it she grows in confidence and more things get built into it. It's a programme that gives you everything you need full-stop. Do your books, manage orders, track suppliers invoices and keep your client book up to date. A modern answer to the age-old problem of having a works pc, it covers all needed software items and for that you cannot argue with the price and relevance of this product.
Excellent.
on 15 July 2010
We are a small business and having recently split with our former partners to 'go our separate ways' we were in desparate need of a reliable but simple accounting software package.
What a fantastic choice, the reliability and ease of use is just brilliant
Any fool (myself included) can quickly pick up the basics of day to day book keeping and accountancy and within a few short weeks we have rescued our accounts admin from the edge of the cliff to a situation where we have almost full control over the whole process.
Brilliant, very well pleased, could not have made a better choice.
For any small/medium business I would recommend 100 per cent.
on 26 December 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having previously used the simplest version of this product I knew the basic system, and that hasn`t really changed in this, the most advanced edition. Installation was perfect on Vista 32bit, and it runs fine on my 4 year old Pc. There are many new features, but the most useful is perhaps automated transactions, which can save a lot of time once you take the time and effort to set it up. Personally I feel not many of the advanced features would be of use to most small businesses, so you should try out the various versions before you buy. In terms of ease of use I would say it's a little easier than Quickbooks, but both have similar features.
VINE VOICEon 20 April 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been doing the books manually for a friend's small business for a while now, and thought this would be useful to streamline the process. I've never used this sort of software before, so I was pleased to find it seemed quite intuitive. After a few hours, I had everything set up as I wanted and since then, it's been a dream to operate. Pretty sure I'm not using it to its full potential, but it does everything I want, and easily!
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I run own business and found this very helpful with my accounts. It took some time to set it up but once the hard work is done I found it easy to input my data and showed my business income and outgoing and invoiced very well.
on 23 September 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very comprehensive set of business tools. I'm only using a handful of them, to monitor supplier contracts at work and to do some personal money juggling. What I've used is simple and intuitive, the interface is good and it's a simple application to navigate. Good price, too. Give it a go.
VINE VOICEon 30 September 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having tried to fathom Sage previously (and it put me off doing my own accounting work), I approached this software with some skepticism. I doubted that Business Accountz would be simple to use as it says on the tin, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is easy to use. The company set up wizard is excellent, and gets you off to a flying start and correctly filling in the company set up details ensures that the software is correctly configured for your requirements. Anyway, the easy set-up was a weight of my mind.

Day-to-day use is great, and it's fabulous to know that I can create instant VAT reports, and my nominal ledger by the click of a button.

If I do have one criticism, it is that the interface feels dated, but then I guess you could argue it's accounts with which you're dealing, not your latest artistic creation.

Anyway, it's simple to keep track of all your finances (personal, sole trader and limited company) with this application, and it's highly recommended