From the Back Cover
Every year, thousands of students rely on Frank Wood's best-selling books to help them pass their accountancy exams.
Business Accounting Volume 1is the world’s best-selling textbook on bookkeeping and accounting. Now in its tenth edition, it has become the standard introductory text for accounting students and professionals alike.
New to this edition:
- Over 120 brand new review questions for exam practice
- Coverage of International Accounting Standards 2005
- Additional and updated worked examples for areas of difficulty
- Treatment of VAT for companies operating within the United Kingdom
- Expanded introduction to the language and history of accounting
- Easy-to-follow explanations of contemporary accounting practice, including double entry bookkeeping and the preparation of financial statements
- Clear and logical progression through topics
- Activities designed to reinforce your understanding of key concepts
- Over 300 review questions, including past Examination Board questions
- 100 multiple choice questions with answers
- Regularly-updated companion website including further self-test questions and accounting standards updates
Business Accounting Volume 1 is used on a wide variety of courses in accounting and business, both at secondary and tertiary level and for those studying for professional qualifications.
'A classic textbook that has set thousands of students on a straight path since it was first published, Wood & Sangster's Business Accounting can be recommended without reservation to all accounting students.' Dr George Iatridis, University of Athens, Greece and University of Manchester
'I highly recommend Business Accounting because it is clear and direct to the
point, which makes it easy for students to understand. This is especially
true for students who want to study accounting for the first time or have little knowledge of the accounting subject.' Caroline Teh, Inti College, Malaysia.