I was searching for a new watch, and this one was my "first choice". Unfortunately, I talked myself out of it, thinking that it was a small watch (looking at the pictures of it on Amazon, the face appears small in comparison to the size of the band), and purchased a Citizen watch instead. When it arrived, it had scratches on the band, so I took the opportunity to send it back and purchase this one instead.
This one arrived and I was a bit shocked at the size. The band is actually a lot wider than what I'd call a traditional men's dress watch, which means the face itself is actually a good size. I'm 6'1" tall, medium build, this watch looks "solid" on my arm. If you're smaller in size, this watch would definitely be too big for you.
Having worn it for a couple days now, here are some pro's and con's for the watch:
1) It's solid. Very solid. You definitely won't feel like you're going to break it.
2) The black face with the slight pattern looks nice. It's not too distracting, but does add character to the watch.
3) The chrono feature is a nice way to display the day of the week, the day of the month, and the 24 hour time equivalent.
4) It's water resistant up to 30 meters, so no worry about getting it wet! (Note: This number may not actually be correct. It's listed as 30m on the Amazon listing though another reviewer says that the manual doesn't list it as 30m resistant.)
5) It's classy enough to wear to work with a tie, but casual enough to wear with jeans and a polo.
6) The price is excellent. I purchased at $169.15, while local jewelry stores were selling the same model for $289.
1) It's a heavy watch (stainless steel band and case) so you'll definitely notice it on your arm. It may in fact be the heaviest watch I've ever owned (even heavier than the Fossil chrono I had a few years back).
2) While I do like the three chrono dials, they can be somewhat difficult to read in low light situations. Of course, this isn't a big deal - how many times do you find yourself in a movie theatre, wondering if it's Monday the 26th or Tuesday the 27th?
3) Speaking of low light, there is no "glow in the dark" on this watch. If it's pitch black, you're NOT going to read this watch.
A couple of other notes. It doesn't have a perpetual motion second hand, but it's also NOT a precisionist model watch, so don't expect that if it's what you're looking for. It's also battery powered, so you'll eventually have to replace that once it wears down (no movement or solar charging on this one).
All in all, I'm very pleased with this watch. It's a great buy if you're looking for a watch you can wear for work and play.
UPDATE: 6 months later, I'm still loving this watch. I've gotten used to the larger size and weight. And surprisingly, after having worn it nearly every day since I got it, there are no scratches on the face (which is unheard of considering how rough I am on watches). If you're on the fence, definitely give this one a shot!