on 12 March 2014
This is NOT the Bulleit RYE Whiskey as shown in the picture and mentioned in the description. The bottle that arrived had the red bourbon label and when I went online to report this as the wrong product I noticed that the title does say Bourbon Whiskey instead of Rye. This is incredibly misleading. Don't make the same mistake I did.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2015
This is an interesting one...it's a very mild rye and doesn't taste like any rye or even any other bourbon I've come across...it's like Bulleit with cherries on top...lots of cherries...it's something I'd like to have a bottle of amongst others to drink every now and then because it's so unique but its singularity gets old as an everyday go to...I'm glad it exists...there are so many homogeneous tasting bourbons around these days...it just isn't as compelling as it could be. If you like unusual, light and subtle then maybe it's for you but Rittenhouse 100 is still the king of ryes in my opinion,
on 31 December 2015
I was a little disappointed in this Bulleit 95 Rye. Traditionally I'm a wild turky and jim beam man, but a recent business stay at a hilton hotel meant bulleit was the bars stock burbon and I kind of got the taste for it, so now and then I pick a bottle up.

I like Rye Whiskey, but this doesn't really taste like a rye whiskey at first, the rye flavours seems almost non existent, and seems to be dominated by sweet and fruity flavours. Its supposedly cherry but I think there must be multiple flavours.

Jim Beam Red Stag is a Black Cherry Bourbon and that has a very pronounced sweet and deep flavoured cherry, its clearly cherry you get, but this, this isn't clearly cherry, its almost like a mixture of fruits.

Once the kick from the whiskey is gone and the initial sweetness, its nice and spicy, the rye shines a little brighter. I would have liked rye to be a stronger taste given its called RYE, I would have liked a more cherry flavour also, less cherry and more honey/vanilla/etc but as it is the early taste just ain't all that good but overall its nice. I wouldn't order this when I was out, but occasional drop well worth it.
on 28 August 2014
Just wanted to confirm that I ordered and received the rye whiskey as pictured (Green label). They are listing the Bulleit bourbon and the rye separately now (Albeit at the same price), so hopefully the problem the other reviewers have mentioned has been sorted out. Certainly didn't happen with my order anyway!
on 10 May 2016
I have never tried a Rye Whiskey before but the great price and a piqued interest persuaded me to give it a go. I am not a connoisseur by any stretch so will not embarass myself by trying to explain the flavours. I will say that it was a very enjoyable Whiskey, and anybody who has not yet tried Rye definitely should.
on 13 February 2014
I am now in the enviable position of having both the Bulleit rye and bourbon side by side on the shelf - both fantastic but different. If I had to choose I'd go for the rye and have a different bourbon - perhaps Knob Creek.
on 25 August 2015
Just to confirm I received the Rye (green label) as ordered.
This is a very nice whiskey, not as complex as many, but for the price it really does the job, it's also nice to change around every now and then and try a truly good rye instead of a malt. Even if you're not a rye drinker it's nice to have one of these in the cabinet for the days when you just feel like having a change!
on 7 June 2014
I received the orange label bourbon not the rye whiskey I ordered! From the reviews it seems like this isn't the first time - sort it out please Amazon!
on 29 December 2015
This was my first rye whiskey I tried through recommendation from various people and as I really enjoyed Bulleit Bourbon I thought why not. The taste profile is really impressive for what you get especially at the cost you pay, it's real good value for your money. I made the most of the Amazon daily deals and bought a bottle, seen it on offer again the following week so bought another haha

The initial sip you get a great kick of heat from the whiskey, but it's not overwhelming at all but is enough to take notice, dominated by complex mixture of spices and a sweet fruity taste which I've been informed that is cherry, but I still struggle to put my finger on it being cherry just yet (I have a palate in training haha). After that sip the rye begins to open up and the dryness becomes more obvious as you finish but there is something about it that makes you go back for more. It's a drink that you need to try, even if just buying and trying at a restaurant/pub/bar or wherever to understand the value you get from buying a bottle.
Overall it's smooth to drink especially when neat (I recommend enjoying it neat over cocktail mixes, tastes much better in my opinion), it's something that you can open to drink at home by yourself or with family to relax with that won't disappoint.
on 7 October 2014
I rarely bother writing reviews, but after reading, with some concern, the earlier reviews I felt that I should point out that I did indeed receive the green label rye whiskey, as ordered. And very delicious it is too.