on 9 September 2013
I recently decided to develop my own trading system (inspired by the excellent Unholy Grails - A New Road to Wealth by Nick Radge) and have spent several months reading many books articles & websites on the subject.

This is without doubt the best book of the lot and I actually built a tradeable system whilst reading it for the second time. My first system back tests well and is certainly a good base for further development and hopefully some profitable trading!

I found the book to be an easy read and full of original thoughts and ideas compared to many others which I felt just reworked old material and filled their pages with example charts.

The author expresses several views which are bravely contrary to most other texts and I suspect may provoke their authors to become somewhat over critical of this work. Although I do not have enough experience yet to judge on matters such as Monte Carlo testing I am grateful for being presented with an alternative methodology to consider.

In short, if you are considering building a trading system for a large or small account you could do no better than read this.