Every time I read anything Elizabeth writes I can't help but immerse myself in her gorgeous, captivating and lively world of elemental vampires completely, so her books for me are always a treat.

I was sad to bid Gio and Beatrice goodbye, and I'm sure it will take awhile for me to warm up to the change of dynamics in the spin-off of this series. You see, now, instead of having a series about one couple continuously, we have one couple in each new book if I understand correctly. As a result what was essentially a paranormal mystery with romantic elements turned into a paranormal romance with mystery elements.

Carwyn is a charming, warm, larger than life, humorous character, and I really loved his sense of loyalty and care for everyone he loved. Just thought that Gio used remind me of Aramis and Carwyn's character is similar to Porthos from Three Musketeers. But it's Brigid who stole the limelight in this book.

Like Beatrice, she is incredibly strong, stubborn and determined, and I admired her rise in the ranks among the water vampires. She is a security consultant and she becomes involved into a search for a supplier of a new vampire drug (which we know about from the previous series) and investigation into a consequent kidnapping and death of Carwyn's son, Ioan.

At the same time, Brigid is not like Beatrice, she is damaged by a childhood trauma, suffered from anxiety for many years and even at some point had drug addiction problem, but she works on herself and eventually straightens up.

Carwyn knows her from her childhood till she changes and his admiration for her grows with each year but he doesn't realise what he is feeling until later on, when he experiences a personal crisis after Ioan's death and feels how lonely he really is. When he does, sparks between him and Brigid fly!

This is a very good paranormal romance. My only problem is that a lot of the things that are happening we already know from Bi and Gio's story and it becomes a tad repetitive. However, I'm sure that this will disappear with the later books of Elemental World as the timetables of the stories will grow apart.

Recommended!
on 23 October 2012
This is the first book in The Elemental World series. The book continues the story about the Elixer from the previous Elemental series but this time follows Carwyn and Brigid. This book cleverly intertwines with the previous series so if you haven't read them I suggest you do and you will thoroughly enjoy them. I loved reading this book I loved the characters as much as Giovani and B.I cannot wait to see how this series continues.
on 8 November 2012
I've read all the Elemental Mysteries books and this is a fantastic add onto them. Can't wait to see who the next Elemental World book is going to be about.
on 9 November 2012
I was not disappointed with this book. No spoilers but it intertwines beautifully with the other books and runs along the same timeline as well. Characters well presented again - especially Carwyn - and just a darn good read all round. Only downside is having to wait for another installment!
on 7 May 2013
I really enjoyed the fact that this spin off series carried on where the elemental series left off if you like, catching up with the characters i grew fond of in the original series was a nice touch and i think Carwyn having a happy ending is a story that anyone who reads the elementals will appreciate as he was an important part of those books but didnt really have someone of his own in them despite being part of a large loving family.
Im not going to write any more as i dont want to give anything away. Just wanted to say this book gets a definite thumbs up from me but would advise reading after the elemental series as the references to previous events and characters could be confusing otherwise. Great read ; ) Im looking forward to more of the same and will definitely buy the next ones as they come along.
on 21 June 2013
I must admit that after reading the four previous books ( Elemental series), I didn't think I was going to like this one as much and kept thinking that I would miss Beatrice and Gio, and wouldn't be the same. Reading some of the reviews didn't help easing that feeling. I am so glad my doubts were unfounded. From the moment I started reading it I got engaged in the story and couldn't put the book down. I really liked how Elizabeth Hunter tells Carwyn's story. I am Glad that the story of Bea and Gio doesn't interfere too much with Carwyn's and Brigid's. Just wondering if I am going to enjoy the next one as much as this!.
I truly recommended this book. But please read the previous four first as it will be easier to get into the story and understand the plot better.
on 18 December 2012
I just love immersing myself in this world!! Brilliant continuation of the Elemental Mysteries series with both new characters and old!! I would advise that this really needs to be read after that series as it isn't really a stand alone story!!
The tone of this author's writing pulls you in and wraps you in a warm duvet that you don't want to leave on a cold winter's day!! Just couldn't put it down!!
The emotional attachment to the story and its characters will have me downloading everything that Elizabeth Hunter will put out there for me to read!! Just wondering which character from the original story will be featured in the next Elemental World series.....??
on 11 March 2014
No spoilers! Although this can be read without reading the Elemental Mysteries series first, I would not advise it as knowing the history of the characters and the fact the book in interlinked with the series means that reading it after EM provides a much greater insight into characters and a passion to know more about Carwyn and his family, which this book provides.
The book is captivating and it is brilliant to see how the plot from the series progresses.
Elemental Mysetries is brilliantly written and Elemental World is equally so. They are real 'page-turners' and I cannot wait to read more!
on 24 March 2013
I liked this book because we finally get to know what Carwyn was up to in books 3 and 4 from the Elemental series but it all felt a bit rushed. It actually felt as though this was written at the same time as books 3 & 4. Maybe it's because I read it straight after reading the 4th one?

Either way, it was really wonderful to learn more about Carwyn and his past/present/future. There are little cameos from the characters I have come to love from the series too. And questions left unanswered were finally given for a few minor plot points from the series.
on 2 May 2013
There have been many vampire books and stories in recent years, but this series is one of the very best. The plots are well thought out and the characters are attractive and sexy. The idea is that all vampires belong to one of the 4 elements: Fire, Earth, Air and Water, and they all have skills relating to their element. Obviously there are good and bad vampires, but even the bad ones have a history and background that makes you have a little sympathy for them. The concept is original and the story well-written. I can't wait for more!