A Step-by-Step Guide to Building an Electric Bicycle From the Ground Up
Filled with do-it-yourself project, this hands-on manual gives you all the technical information and easy-to-follow instructions you need to assemble and customize an electric bike.
Build Your Own Electric Bicycle gets you on the road on a reliable, economical, environmentally friendly ride. Inside, you'll find complete coverage of every component, including motors, controllers, batteries, and frames, as well as details on soldering, electrical wiring, safety, and other essential skills. The book covers commercially available electric bicycles and shows you how to make modifications and upgrades for improved power, speed, range, and safety. Pictures, diagrams, and charts illustrate each step along the way. With this how-to guide on hand, you'll be riding your own tricked-out electric bike in no time!
BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC BICYCLE COVERS:
- Energy savings and environmental benefits
- Electrical, battery, and road safety
- Long-range, folding, and high-power bikes
- Hub motor kits
- Motors, controllers, and batteries
- Electrical connections and wiring
- Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair
- Performance and safety modifications