Format: DVD|Change

on 15 May 2012
This was a fun and light hearted entertainment with a nice balance of adult humour and serious issue of coping with pressures and changes in home life.
on 5 March 2013
The acting is dreadful, the plot is like drawing nails out of a wooden coffin. Anyone who praises this must be best friends with the producers. Compared to say the Eating Out saga, this is just dreck. You have been warned.
on 3 January 2012
For some reason I was expecting more after reading the positive reviews. I didn't find it as above average as some reviews suggest.
on 9 December 2011
I must admit that I had read those two very positive reviews before I decided to watch "Buffering". Full of enthusiasm I pressed the play button and?
The plot is as simple as every teen comedy, so don't expect too much. In this case we have two gays, no cash, but a cam and LAN and a lot of energy to burn in bed. I spare you details.
Jokes? Well, they circulate around one subject (sex) and aren't particularly elaborated.
Acting - so so. I liked the girl. The owner of sex-shop seemed the most experienced of all.

In my opinion it's one of those films, that viewers will fall in love with or loathe it.
Judge for yourself.
55 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 24 March 2012
This is a new film from the makers of `Shank' and `Release', the first was great the second a bit poor, but this is ruddy brilliant. Once again based in Bristol, this is about partners Aaron (Connor McKenzy) and Seb (Alex Anthony). They have both come a cropper, job wise in the economic downturn that the banking crisis has caused, but as neither of them are bankers there is no Government bail out to keep them in jobs.

As the bills pile up and the beloved Mini gets repossessed ( I have one and love it too) Aaron hits on a novel way to make some cash, he will film their love making and post it on inter net `interactive hand relief' site `Hot X Buns'. He is amazed as the money starts to roll in, but he hasn't told Seb. Well he finds out anyway and after issues of trust are sorted out they agree to carry on.

Enter ex flat mate and sexually complicated Jem (Jessica Mathews), she knows a bit about inter web pay per view as she has been working in Thailand quite well known for its liberal attitudes to all things kinky. She decides to spice things up and spice them she does. We also have a hot neighbour Mitch who does a great homage to the `Cool Hand Luke' car washing scene, only this time it is window cleaning and pumping up a tyre - fab.

This is a very funny, laugh out loud movie, that has a big feel good factor and some brilliant one liners, we even get golfing innuendo - `hole in one' etc. A brilliant sex toy shop which has the most nervous tissue monkey I have ever seen. The bedroom scenes are a bit on the tame side; with far too much duvet than is necessary for decency purposes and the music by `Nancy' is a bit sugary but really gets better.

Writers and directors Daren Flaxstone and Christopher martin have made something to be proud of and I wish them all the best for the next venture. Fans of Andrew Christian clothing are in for a treat as that is all they seem to wear including in bed and make a note of the background as we have some great touches like an advert for their bank `Gapingwide' (a play on building society/bank Nationwide for non UK types).

Whilst a comedy it deals with other issues too and is quite grown up about how it deals with emotions during stress and how far we can go when trust is abused. I actually rented this but am now going to buy it as I know I will get more from it a second time - highly recommended.
on 9 February 2012
The back of the dvd sleeve calls this film "a fabulously quirky British comedy". Truly it is none of those things. It is very rare to see a British comedy that is NOT funny at all. The cast are very good but the story is shallow and it has all been done before.No originality in the writing and the scenes in the sex shop make you cringe.They could have been left out as they only drag out an already slow moving film. What the story needed was something to give it a boost.Do gay guys always wear underpants in bed ? I doubt it.In this film they do. The story is a little far-fetched as well.
on 4 December 2012
To all the naysayer reviewers of this title all I can say is you clearly don't have a sense of humour. This is a well made entertaining comedy. It tackles the very real issues facing many today - namely economic woes and how best to get out of them....and all done with a tongue in cheek approach.

This is a high production value film, great soundtrack and a watchable cast....not perhaps household names or that experience but that doesn't take away from the narrative.

This film made me and my friends laugh out loud....definitely play in the 5.1 if you can there's some clever sound effects buried in there to add to the humour.

It's light not dramatic and has some classic moments and nods to one or two well known films....
on 6 May 2014
TERRIBLE ! The acting is poor, the story weak and the whole film is a great disappointment. Do not waste your money on this offering.
on 25 July 2013
Please do not waste your money on this. Poor unconvincing story line that is matched by the poor acting. Comic No - dire unadulterated garbage of the worst kind. Made me cry not laugh when I realised I had wasted money on it. It desreves no stars at all really.
on 4 October 2014
Where Shank had a freshness and reasonable acting, this production is barely above amateurish. The cues are read as if quoted from a script out of sight. The story predictable from the first five minutes. Avoid.