Size: 23 cm|Colour: Grana Dye|Change
Price:£19.45+ £7.70 shipping

on 22 December 2014
Expensive for just 1/4 metre square of wool!
For what it is, it does make a very comfortable, compact and incredibly versatile garment; much more than just an extremely pocketable woollen scarf. In it's simplest function it neatly keeps one's neck warm however where it's excels is with my cycle helmet, keeping wind chill off my ears and face, or similarly combined with a hat when standing at freezing windswept bus stops. At other times it itself serves as a hat that's not over-warm whilst working outside, in a garage, garden or in my cold studio. - I find its lightness in general ideal for not overheating while active outdoors.

I definitely would not be without one now, indeed I'd buy several more if they were priced more reasonably but I still balk at paying £20 for a square (okay tube) of fabric (albeit nice fabric) the size of the rags under my sink. (RRP £25 - I think Buff are being greedy!)

Cost aside, I wholeheartedly recommend owning one - (one star docked for price)
on 15 May 2012
I bought this for my boyfriend, who has just really got into merino wool for all his cycling needs. He loves it so much, and wears it all the time, even now that it's getting warmer! Merino is great for sports as it is warming but also dries very fast so doesn't leave you cold with sweat. As well as that, because it is natural fibre rather than synthetic, it doesn't smell! A really great gift for yourself or for yourself! I would even recommend it to non-sporty people.
on 14 March 2014
Big bummer that this item is handwash only. Lovely design and feels goods. Used it for a long run on a cold day but popped in quick and cool wash afterwards....It managed to remove most of the print which is a shame as it as lovely. If you have the patience and inclination to handwash then you will be happy with this product.
on 6 May 2014
I have a fleece combined one and although great it is for really cold weather only! Hence my purchase of this Merino Wool one. Fab Fab and Fab is all I can really say. I get a bit claustrophobic putting material over my mouth and nose but in a recent walk in seriously inclement weather I can safely say I wore this up over my face and it was warm and comfortable. No smell either despite wearing it non stop even in my sleeping bag for a few days. A good buy! (oh it does wash well although I only washed in 30 degrees).
on 22 February 2014
I bought one of these for my Husband and my son, they are great, they look good and they are warm and light. I finally ordered one for myself, colour "azalea" which is a brown/black pattern and I was sent a bright pink one! I returned it and re-ordered my preferred colour, again a bright pink one arrived. As this company states that there are no-refunds, I called Amazon direct and they kindly arranged a refund. It's a shame because I would have liked one but too frustrating a journey to try and obtain one!
on 1 May 2015
Good quality brand. I liked the patterns and as they state, the item keeps you warm round the neck but does not make you sweaty. My only reservation is the narrowness of the tube doesn't allow pulling it up as a snood successfully. However I wear it a lot and carry it in my bag in case of chilly winds.
on 28 December 2015
I can't really make my mind up about his one. The merino fabric is nice and thin and warm as expected but definitely a bit scratchier than other merino stuff I own. I didn't expect the large black logo that is printed on it as it isn't in the photo so that puts me off a bit. Buffs seem not to really work for me I wanted to wear it as a mask when cycling in very cold weather but it directs my breath upwards and steams up my glasses so that's not a goer. the cap and head band options unfortunately make me look ridiculous which is a shame as I really wanted something to keep my ears warm without overheating my head but obviously this isn't the fault of the buff just a unfortunate convergence of large head and thick hair creating a bulbous effect. Also not particularly comfortable for me when worn like this. So it may end up as just a not particularly outstanding neck warmer for me.
on 25 January 2015
I've ordered it and when it came after first try it came apart at the seams. So I've sent it back and requested for a replacement. Prompt response and delivery so I got another one.
The wool seems to be high quality and warm, maybe a bit itchy.But again is not synthetic. However the seams seem to be again not to tight. Hopefully won't come loose again. I was expecting a bit more attention to details considering the price tag.

EDIT: second one started to come apart after just 2 more uses.. very disappointed. Again the seams and also it looses its elasticity. It's warm and now that I have used it I won't leave without a buff. However I will be buying another brand as this seems to be poor quality. Way too expensive to last only 2 uses.
on 16 January 2015
Excellent item for keeping you warm. Slightly disappointed as given as a Christmas present only to discover two small holes in it, nothing I can do about it, hope they don't getting any larger!
on 12 March 2014
This is a very versatile item which is lightweight and packs down very small. It can be used as a hat, a balaclava or a facemask. I tend to use mine to cover my mouth and nose when it is very cold. It is thin but it does make a difference and your breath can pass through it reasonably easily. It's not cheap and there are cheaper versions which don't use merino wool. But I love the feeling of merino - slightly cool on the skin.