Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£1.99

on 30 July 2014
The People's Poet of Liverpool, aka 'Peeps', Tony is above all else, and sometimes below, a rhyming man. Calzone, Donadoni etc. He documents bizarre characters, sure, such as the upside down man with his head in a bucket, 'On Church Street'; but also writes more personal poems such as 'Taller Than Me', using fine detail over sentimentality. Or a changed universe contained in a pair of spectacles, 'Small World'.
Tony has a lot of words in his locker, and most of them are brought into play here. And some he saves for special occasions. 'Weihnachtsbaum'. Was lucky enough to see Tony reading some of these poems on stage, and when we reminded him to actually read them aloud, the poems roared and tickled, and grew and filled that cowshed, until there were bits of poem everywhere.
If just 27 more people buy this, we can rescue Tony from the drudgery of the Neil Diamond tribute act circuit, and let him focus on being a poet who looks a lot like Neil Diamond.
on 7 July 2014
I smiled then chuckled then laughed out loud at these poems from "Tony the Rhymer". Charming and playful, only Tony could rhyme Ionesco with Tesco. The rhymes are delightful (and moreso when they deliberately don’t). Tony's mischievous tales and jokes-in-verse are accompanied by some touching and poignant poems with the odd limerick thrown in for good measure. Read this book and enjoy Tony’s take on Swedish au pairs, book clubs, Greek holidays, German Christmas trees, Romans, zippers, Liverpool and life.
on 11 July 2014
Brilliant! I loved it:every single one of them. Poetry is not my thing but this is poetry and much, much more. It's fun, it's impish and it made me laugh.From trousers with buttons (I remember when a zip was hip) through wine made from glue, the first au pair in Scottie Road and Tight Arse Andronicus to ovary act, I just kept chuckling. I thought I'd read enough and it was time for bed but then I thought "just one more" till I'd finished.
I'll just have to read them again!
Can't wait till I can get a copy in hardback: it gives me a lift, regardless of my mood.
on 10 July 2014
Buddha in a Hat and Other Poems is hilarious. It takes me back to when I was younger when I used to read a lot of poetry that made me laugh (Is it just me or is it hard to find these days?) The author made me laugh out loud... a lot! But as he says in 'Spring Cleaning' when describing his Great Northern book cull, 'No e-book around can match the rustle of the page', so I eagerly await a hard copy so I can put it on my shelf alongside all of my other favourite books.
on 9 July 2014
At last! The long awaited collection of poetry by award winning Liverpool Poet Tony O'Neill. It's hard to pick favourites but if I had to, it would be "The Meanest Roman of them all" "Severed Head " and the eye watering "In Praise of Whitcomb J Hudson" but this collection really has something for everyone,

If you like the Liverpool Poets, you will love this collection of "Mcgoughesque" poetry, Loved it.
on 2 November 2014
I challenge anyone to read this book from cover to cover and not laugh out loud.
It's witty, hilarious and very very clever - we'll see ourselves in every word.
All Hail O'Neill of Liverpool, you're 'looney one hundred per cent.'
From 'Eunice the pole dancing nun' to 'Apostrophe's', my money's been very well spent!
Loved this book by Liverpool's People's Poet Tony O'Neill
Buy it now, you'll be glad you did!
on 8 August 2014
I downloaded the book, got immediately hooked into reading it from cover to cover. When you are at your lowest ebb just get this text out and chortle your way back to a good mood. Tony's writing encapsulates the cheeky quit whit of your stereotypical Scouser, and captures the warmth of the welcome that you will get when you visit the Great City of Liverpool. Well done Tony I hope you're working hard on the next one!
on 9 July 2014
Tony O'Neil's book of poetry touches many emotions....outright laughter (the busker with a bucket on his head), chuckles (the head teacher with footballing dreams), remembrances of first parenthood (growth of child from 0 to 14 in one whoosh) and surreal (limerick about pole dancing nun). Once started you will say ,,,,just one more poem before I get tea/cut the grass/go to bed...but you will keep on reading
on 16 July 2014
Some very good work in this book. Severed head is my own particular favourite, encapsulating all the humour and observation that this work has in abundance.

I get the feeling that some of the pieces were performance based resulting in a slight struggle with the rhythm. Read them again and you can pick up the beat, you'll be glad you did.

Overall, poetry to make you smile.
on 4 August 2014
What a fantastic book! From the hilarious (A Severed Head) to the touching (Taller Than Me), each poem leaves its mark. You will definitely recognise some of the characters and situations so astutely observed by the author. The illustrations are great and really help to cement the tone. This little book really is a joy to read and I look forward to any future collections from Tony O'Neill.