The Bible of Sports Medicine - Now enhanced by a new companion website!
Brukner and Khan's Clinical Sports Medicine 4th Edition is the complete practical guide to musculoskeletal medicine and physical therapy, covering all aspects of diagnosis and management of sports-related injuries and physical activity. Extensively revised and expanded by the world’s leading sports physicians, this fourth edition continues to set the standard as the pinnacle of current knowledge and practice in sports medicine.
At 1,270 pages, 67 chapters and over 1000 full colour images, the fourth edition has 25% more content than the best-selling third edition. All aspects of diagnosis and management of sports-related injuries and physical activity are covered, including the fundamental principles of sports medicine, diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries, enhancement of sports performance and dealing with special groups of participants.
With a focus on clinical relevance, each chapter has been comprehensively reviewed and updated and there are 13 brand new chapters covering hot topics such as challenging hip pain, sudden death in sport, hamstring tear management, sideline emergency care, and the latest in pain science.
Led by Peter Brukner (Head of Sports Medicine and Sports Science, Liverpool Football Club) and Karim Khan (Professor, University of British Columbia, Vancouver), the 100 strong author team, representing 14 countries around the world, are all renowned experts in their field and have an average of 15 years practical experience.
- New companion website featuring over 4 hours of assess¬ment and treatment video and audio material which will be updated regularly – 12 months access with book purchase
- Comprehensively reviewed and updated featuring an expert international author team
- Expanded! Includes 13 new chapters covering topics such as hip pain, military medicine, prevention of sudden cardiac death and the integration of evidence into clinical practice
- MORE illustrations than ever before with over 1000 colour photographs demonstrating techniques, exercises and sports injuries and purpose drawn full colour anatomical illustrations
- Full colour text design greatly enhances readability of the content while clear colour differentiation for headings and figures ensures ease of use
The fourth edition is enhanced by a new companion website featuring Clinical Sports Medicine Masterclasses Online. Readers will gain access to this secure site via a pincode included with the book. The site will include video clips of clinical examinations, interviews with leading experts and will be updated regularly.
Brukner and Khan's Clinical Sports Medicine 4E provides excellent value as an authoritative clinical foundation for physiotherapists, medical practitioners, osteopaths, massage therapists, podiatrists, sports/athletic trainers, sports therapists, fitness leaders and athletes. It is widely adopted by students in sports physiotherapy, medicine, and human movement studies/kinesiology.