Customer Discussions > Madeleine forum

Pat Brown's Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Jul 2011 16:10:41 BDT
...has been Carter-Rucked. With 58 reviews and a 4.5 star rating, clearly the McCanns weren't happy to see her book sitting right under Kate's. They have had it removed from Amazon.

Posted on 26 Jul 2011 19:09:01 BDT
YouTube video and the removal of Pat Brown's book http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkB3r8HjjLA

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2011 08:30:33 BDT
Damaskcat says:
Did you know that freedom of speech does not include saying people have committed crimes for which they have not been charged tried and convicted? Having read Pat Brown's book I'm not surprised it has been removed - my only surprise is that it survived that long.

Posted on 27 Jul 2011 17:05:52 BDT
honeybunny says:
Damaskcat, according to Pat Brown on her face book page, the McCann's have had their eye on this book for a while, I personally think if the profile had received a negative reception the McCann's would have left it alone, perhaps hoping that it reflected the general public's perception of the case.As it turned out the profile was enthusiastically received and acted as a counter to the own book, I honestly don't think its been pulled for libel reasons,the reasons are still not totally clear, 'legal conflicts' could mean anything and I look forward to finding out exactly what the reasons are.

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 11:19:57 GMT
David Walker says:
Amazon deleting the book is about the same as burning books in the Middle Ages.....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xaa1baf9c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Madeleine forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  26 Jul 2011
Latest post:  1 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Madeleine
Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 28 April 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (463)