- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Paddleless Press; New edition edition (8 April 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0952419319
- ISBN-13: 978-0952419310
- Product Dimensions: 12.8 x 2.1 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 669,123 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Brownout on Breadfruit Boulevard Paperback – 8 Apr 1997
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Brownout On Breadfruit Boulevard is the most entertaining and controversial of Mo's five novels. Wildly violent, raunchy and hilarious, the story follows the career of Victoria Init - the consort of a middling Philippine politician who should be entering her prime of life. Distracted by an ambition to put her dusty provincial fiefdom on the wider cultural map, she becomes enmeshed in a series of complex events as horrific as they are hilarious, intertwining gun law and political correctness and a wide cast of international characters. Set in Macau, the Phillppines, Japan, and New York, Mo's brilliant novel can be read as a revenger's tragedy, a comedy of polygot manners, or as the newest instalment in his candid commentary on the waxing and waning of the struggle between East and West.