on 31 March 2014
My first pair of Brooks Beasts were purchased well over 20 years ago, and I've stuck with Brooks ever since. I have wide feet, a fairly high arch, walk on the outer edge of my feet and pronate heavily. I'm also 17 stone. These aren't used for running but for general wear. I've had at least half a dozen pairs of different versions of the Beasts over the years and they are consistently the only trainers I can guarantee will fit me comfortably every time. They also last well. The only issue I really have with them is that the sole is made of a material which becomes very slippery when wet - avoid manhole covers in the rain while wearing these shoes! Aside from that they're great - very comfortable and supportive, and wear well.
on 20 October 2014
Not come across a more stable and supporting running shoe for flat feet. I have no arch whatsoever but still manage to run 2-3 times a week on these with minimal problems.
Good amount of room to fit custom in-soles if required.
on 2 October 2015
I wouldn't say the fit (length) was small to size but they are tight (on the width) and take a bit of breaking in. I wore mine around the house for a couple days and now they're fine. I wouldn't recommend buying a size up, however if you have full on monkey feet you may need to go above the standard issue here of the 'D' width fitting (which to me appear to be more like a 'B')
Other than that they look great...really cool in fact. I got them purely for everyday use (no running) and they are really supportive and vey well cushioned. You feel really bouncy and super duper posey!
on 29 May 2015
Comfortable and supportive, do the job well and well worth the money.
I use these shoes for the gym and road running, very comfortable, they allow my feet to breathe and the cushioning is excellent. The fit is snug and its good to see shoes that come in half sizes (mine are 8 1/2 ).
They seem to be fairly durable although I've only had them for a short time, well worth a try.
on 19 November 2015
These trainers are a great buy for the money but I found them to be very narrow and they were advertised as a wide fitting shoe. They do the job but it has taken 3 months to break them in so lots of sore feet along the way. I would not buy these again but would go back to my Brooks adrenalin 13 as they are a really quality running shoe.
on 12 September 2015
I very rarely leave a review but theses running trainers are so comfortable to run in I felt on this occasion I had too. The fit is as I would have expected (size 9) and the support they give me when running is superb. The best thing was, I paid next to nothing for them! Thank you Amazon and Brooks. I will be coming back for more!
on 5 February 2015
Solid,comfortable and made for the heavier runner.
Work well for me as a neutral, heavy fairly flat-footed runner.
Only slight draw-back is they may be too heavy for some people and the base is very thick, certainly not for the current 'bare-foot' fad!
Me? I'm on my third pair - recommended!
on 2 July 2014
This isnt my first brooks beast. I think they are the trainer for me to be honest. Supportive and comfortable and as you know a great control trainer. This one is a bit snug for me but i will put up with it as it was cheaper than the versions i normally buy in wider format! *yes im cheap*.
on 16 September 2015
I love these trainers so much that I have already bought a second pair! They are so comfortable and seem to cuddle my heels. I overpronate and have plantar fasciitis and these trainers are the most supportive I have ever worn. With an £80 saving, I cannot recommend them enough.
on 10 August 2015
I have a wide foot and normally wear a UK size 10 but opted for a size 10.5 having read the reviews about them being a snug fit. I ordered them in a wide F fitting to accommodate my broad feet.
When I first tried them on I was pleased that I has ordered a half size up as they seemed to be a perfect fit. However as soon as I stood up I realised something wasn't right. My little toes felt pinched and a quick check inside the tongue confirmed my suspicion. Amazon had sent me a D fitting which is far too narrow for me. The overlay near the little toes dug in to my toes and I'm not sure if a wider fitting will resolve this for me. The overlay appears to be too shallow and does not wrap over the top of the toes. Instead the stitching on the overlay bites in to the toe at it's tightest point. I will have to see if they can be replaced with the wider shoe and hope the extra width removes this pressure point. I will update this review if this happens.
Not impressed with Amazon service on this occasion but glad I have free collection via Prime membership.
11 comment2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse