Customer Discussions > Killing Floor (Jack Reacher) forum

British crime writers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 May 2009 22:37:55 BDT
J. Coulter says:
Love Stuart McBride, Mo Hayder, Peter James, Mark Billingham, Val McDermid, Jeffrey Deaver but to name a few. Anybody recommend other authors of British crime who have a series of novels?

Posted on 19 Jul 2009 01:02:58 BDT
Ano says:
Cut Short is the first in my new series of British crime thrillers. It is receiving critical acclaim. "Leigh Russell is rapidly forging a reputation as a rising star of female British crime fiction and she has drawn favourable comparisons with Ruth Rendell and Lynda la Plante."
"an excellent debut, sharp and eminently readable" (Mark Campbell, Crime Time Magazine)
"a sure fire hit, a taut, slick and easy to read thriller" (Melanie Dakin, Watford Observer)
Reviews on amazon are all 5 star so far.

Posted on 6 Aug 2009 09:09:29 BDT
nickyb says:
Certainly you must inclde the Peter Robinson, Inspector Banks series, as well as the John Harvey novels. A definite read is the Steig Larsson, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

Posted on 11 Feb 2010 15:59:39 GMT
Bookworm79 says:
John Harvey has the Charlie Resnick series (first one is 'Lonely Hearts') and also the Frank Elder trilogy (first one 'Flesh and Blood') -both set in and around Nottingham.
Graham Hurley has the Joe Faraday series (first one 'Turnstone'), which is set in Portsmouth.
Both authors write first class (British) police procedurals.
I also really liked Denise Mina's Garnethill trilogy.

Posted on 3 Sep 2010 12:19:30 BDT
J. Dyer says:
Peter Lovesey - Detective Peter Diamond, mostly set in Bath or South Coast. Also books with female detective Hen Mallin.

Posted on 23 Aug 2011 18:20:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Aug 2011 19:09:47 BDT
Hammerwood says:
I find it exceeding strange no one has mentioned either Stephen Booth or Robert Goddard,
both being British authors of consummate artistic skill. It seems I just will have to accept the
thriller/crime reading majority is unable 'to realise' top quality fiction when it comes upon this
genre. Still, such ignorance leaves 'those of us in a minority' to revel in excellent plotting,
deft writing and leaves us with a constant warm glow of satisfaction. My my, there's nothing
quite like acting the smug git, is there?...... especially when my own literary skills 'ain't so hot',
yes? Never mind 'though, a point of relevance has been made here (and emphasised too.....
me-thinks!), n'est pas? Happy days, one and all .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xaa92e3a8)

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  19 May 2009
Latest post:  23 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Killing Floor (Jack Reacher)
Killing Floor (Jack Reacher) by Lee Child (Hardcover - Mar 1997)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,426)