- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Mainstream Publishing; 1st Edition edition (27 Aug. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1845965310
- ISBN-13: 978-1845965310
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,402,010 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Words of War British Forces Personal Letters and Diaries During the Second World War Hardcover – 27 Aug 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Creates a strikingly immediate impression of life at war" (The Scotsman)
"Features diverse first-hand accounts from individuals who took part in the key campaigns of the conflict, providing poignant insight into the human cost of war, whilst shedding new light on this unforgettable period in history" (Britain At War)
The drama of the Second World War is vividly recounted through rarely seen diary extracts written by members of the British forcesSee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
This is an accessible and comprehensive record of the British experience of World War II, made all the more compelling for its honesty and immediacy. As the people who fought (and died) in World War II pass away and are no longer here to tell their stories, collections like this one become ever more valuable as a link to our past. Strongly recommended.